Midfield

None of the players we have from midfield to front are good enough.  Over the course of the season none have contributed anywhere near enough.  I would include McKay and Miller in that statement.  

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, mearns loyal said:

Could anyone explain what Windass actually brings to the midfield...

Gets in good positions sometimes. Little end product. Terrible decision making.

I liked him at first but he is far too lazy.

2 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Gets in good positions sometimes. Little end product. Terrible decision making.

I liked him at first but he is far too lazy.

sums him up perfectly. If he had some heart and fight like his dad then there could be a player there but since he doesn't and it can't be coached into him its not worth keeping him

15 minutes ago, james_85 said:

He was by far the worst out the lot today. fucking shocking. 

The midfield are pish. Holt was by far the best i thought at the start of the 2nd half so we take him off. We the bring on Barjonas when we are struggling which isn't doing him any favours. We then bring in Waghorn for Toral to play 5 forwards and 1 natural midfielder who is making his 2nd or 3rd appearances.

When I listen to the manager he talks a good game and it sounds like he knows what he wants but his tactics are making me worry.

Fuck all to do with tactics. Who the fuck do you want him to put in midfield? We haven"t had one all season, so what's new today? Wgat part of shite players don't you get?

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

Fuck all to do with tactics. Who the fuck do you want him to put in midfield? We haven"t had one all season, so what's new today? Wgat part of shite players don't you get?

Why try see out a game with 5 forwards. I understand the players are shite but we are not doing ourselves any favours by bringing Waghorn to play in midfield when we have a midfielder like Halliday on the bench. Yeh i know he is shite as well but thats his natural position. 

Just posted in another thread how many players MW brought in that have played in the middle for us at some point.

Holt, Halliday, Zelalem, Toral, Hyndman, Barton, Kranjcar, Rossiter, Forrester, Windass, Crooks, Ball.

Add to guys we already had that have played there like Shiels, Law, McKay, Miller, today seen Waghorn in there for a bit, Tav played in there for a game. The wee young guy today and the last game coming on. Probably missed others

Near 20 players have been tried there in 2 seasons :megaanguish:

And we still need to go out and buy new players because they have been shit :megaanguish:

3 minutes ago, MasterD said:

Holt, Halliday, Zelalem, Toral, Hyndman, Barton, Kranjcar, Rossiter, Forrester, Windass, Crooks, Ball...Shiels, Law, McKay, Miller...Waghorn...Tav

Mountains of men with hearts of lions!

46 minutes ago, mearns loyal said:

Could anyone explain what Windass actually brings to the midfield...

He takes the ball to feet, loses it trying to move past folk then jogs slowly flapping his arms pretending to try to regain possession from the person just robbed him 

he also generates a tidy sum in sponsorship of dubiously 1970s style headbands 

37 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

Holt too lightweight and if I'm honest I'd prefer he went on the Hearts team bus after the game. Windass has potential but also needs to have more discipline and hunger.

Holt's an attacking midfielder who can't create or score goals.  I understand the criticism regarding his lack of physicality, but he suffers more from a lack of quality.  He's simply not good enough.

I think he'll start Barjonas on Wednesday night, he has had it with our midfield.

They lose their duels, they make poor decisions, they lose their second balls, they rarely keep possession. They bring absolutely nothing to the team. 

Our midfield are like boxers in the flyweight division fighting against heavyweights. We need much bigger guys with the ability to get around the pitch.  I don't mind Holt but he looks like he's ran about 100 steps and covered about 5 yds. Simply not good enough all round.