*****The Official Rangers vs Dunfermline Thread*****

2 hours ago, pcbear said:

Is it like this every week dad?

The last game I took them to was the QotS play off game .Glad I made the effort to take them , even though we missed the 1st 2 goals .Someone collapsed at the gate , any news on their condition .Hope they are ok .

26 minutes ago, Boaby Bear said:

When the move that gets made is done to fuck and has been the mainstay for the past two season's then it's refreshing to see change. Or would you rather see the same old same old Wallace bombing down the line to put in a shite cross come shot aimed at no one in particular.

Or Wallace looking to make the same triangle with miller and the winger on the touchline that fails to keep possesion more often than not.

It was different tonight, it was as if the captains shackles cast off allowed for more creation and free play. When Wallace makes that same straight back run he does all the fucking time, because he's captain they have to try and pass it to him. Only my observations.

Cannae believe I've had to spell this out for you bud.

Any way I've seen enough threads on here descend into nonsense coz some one can't let it go , so I'm out.

Waldo never even played tonight and he's still getting insulted 

RM at its finest 

18 minutes ago, GOAT said:

What because we beat a first division team their not pish?  Just for the record I'm not saying anyone's pish, but cunts need to calm down it was only Dunfermline.  

Hibs pumped them 4-0 in a pre season friendly.

The irony is lost? :huh: :lol:

After some of the shite I witnessed last season that was a huge step forward tonight. 

Yes the opposition were pish but our own players looked interested and hungry which is a big difference, seeing windass chase a boy back 40/50 yards in the last 15 mins of a game was something I'd never imagine seeing!

Not a polished performance by any means but looks like we have something to build on now

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

What stupid cunt decided to shut the M74 & M8

Aye that totally fucked me after the Progres game. Added about an hour onto my journey time cause I had no fucking clue which other way to go and the bastarding sat nav just kept trying to get me on the same fucking road :lol:

4 minutes ago, Bruno's Manbun said:

Aye that totally fucked me after the Progres game. Added about an hour onto my journey time cause I had no fucking clue which other way to go and the bastarding sat nav just kept trying to get me on the same fucking road :lol:

Please make a u-turn. ??

A pretty much faultless performance tonight and good to see us dominate a match that we should be dominating from start to finish and taking our chances. 

It's clear to see we're brimming with confidence. Hopefully we can take that in to Saturday.

8 hours ago, djwyc14 said:

On another note, interesting interview with new DoF Mark Allen at HT on the match clip. Speaks about focusing on putting a proper scouting and recruitment process in place.

Warburton and McParland were bigged up in this regard but never delivered. The contacts book seemed limited and they didn't bring in 'Rangers' players that fit the profile of what we need.

I already see signs of that being addressed and I'm glad we have shipped most of those players out and have brought in hungry, motivated replacements. The Warburton era is well and truly over and I'm starting to get excited about the Pedro one, albeit early days.

Tbf the scouting & recruiting process is always being addressed. Every fuckin incoming regime promises a top class youth development system and scouting set-up. Im convinced that gig is made for total shysters who possess a smooth way with words. I would put zero stock in what anyone says they are going to do behind the scenes. For every 10 charlatans in that role there is 1 good un.

Now I've put a self imposed ban on reading the rhecord I looked at the Daily Mail website for a match report - head and shoulders above the turgid shite served up by the rhecord.

Who is John McGreechan?

Rangers 6-0 Dunfermline Athletic: Pedro Caixinha's men into Betfred Cup quarter finals after four first-half goals blow Championship opponents away

Kenny Miller fired Rangers ahead after just five minutes from a rebound

Three minutes later centre back Bruno Alves curled in a second from a free kick

Alfredo Morelos scored his first goal in Scotland with a powerful near post drive

Rangers ran riot in the first half with right back James Tavernier bagging No 4 

Daniel Candeias curled an superb free kick of his own into the top corner for five 

Morelos grabbed a second in a crushing win in the last 16 of the Betfred Cup

By John Greechan For The Scottish Daily Mail

News just in. Arsenal owner Stan Kroenke has offered Rangers £1million for highlights of this brutal thrashing of Dunfermline Athletic and promised it top billing on his new bloodsports channel.

Honestly? Next to what we saw at Ibrox, the cold-blooded shooting of even the most cuddly woodland creatures may seem tame.

Four up inside 26 minutes, Pedro Caixinha’s men conducted a sporting slaughter of their Championship opposition to secure a spot in the Betfred Cup quarter-finals, eventually running out 6-0 winners. It could have been more. 

MATCH FACTS 

Rangers (4-4-2): Alnwick; Tavernier, Cardoso, Bruno Alves (Wilson 56), Wallace; Candeias, Rossiter, Dorrans (Holt 68), Windass; Miller (Kranjcar 59), Morelos

Unused subs: Foderingham, Hodson, Jack, Hardie

Goals: Miller 5, Bruno Alves 8, Morelos 24, 76, Tavernier 27, Candeias 57

Bookings: Morelos 24, Rossiter 41 

Dunfermline Athletic (4-4-2): Murdoch; Williamson, Morris, Ashcroft, Martin; Higginbotham (Shiels 62), Wedderburn, Cardle (Lochhead 68), Paton; Hopkirk (M'Voto 29), McManus

Unused subs: Gill, Splaine, Talbot, Smith

Booking: Ashcroft 50

Attendance: 35,262 

If progress to the last eight of the old League Cup had already been assumed by supporters, no-one who witnessed the home team’s performance in Govan last night would be unaware of its wider implications.

Hibs are visitors to Ibrox on Saturday, the teams meeting for the first time since the 2016 Scottish Cup Final.

No-one round these parts needs reminded of how that finished. None will be satisfied unless and until their conquerors at Hampden are torn asunder on the field of play.

With Hibs themselves having looked very impressive in their own last-16 tie just 24 hours earlier, scudding five past Ayr United without reply, the stage is set for a battle royale, all right.

What a pity that none of the TV companies with rights to Scottish football have opted to cover the undoubted pick of the weekend card.

Still, there’s always the chance of Stan the Man stealing in with a bid from KillBunny TV or whatever he’s called his new niche station.

Last night, two goals inside the opening ten minutes – a smart Kenny Miller finish and a stunning Bruno Alves free-kick – killed Dunfermline before they’d even had chance to draw breath.

Strikes from Alfredo Morelos – booked for diving into the crowd in an early contender for celebration of the season – and James Tavernier doubled the advantage with just 26 minutes on the clock. 

Rangers faced a potential banana skin in the Pars but made the perfect start through Miller

By the time Daniel Candeias scored with a sweet second-half free-kick of his own and Morelos bagged his second 15 minutes from the end, Dunfermline had been beaten beyond all recognition. Hardly an unexpected outcome, all things considered.

Because, even allowing for the potential of football to kick favourites right up the backside, Rangers boss Caixinha could not have anticipated a slip-up here. Certainly not after the lightning start his team made.

Just four minutes were on the clock when Rangers took the lead. Was it too early to describe it as deserved? No, not on the balance of what play we’d seen.

Still, Dunfermline would have been kicking themselves for helping their hosts to break the deadlock, dawdling in possession and allowing the livewire Morelos to steal the ball.

Although Sean Murdoch made a brilliant one-handed save from Graham Dorrans to thwart the initial danger, Miller had time and space to do what he does best, rifling the ball into the roof of the net.

Even at this stage, the small band of travelling fans must have feared the worst. Every time Rangers got the ball, the visitors were being ripped apart. 

Rangers manager Pedro Caixinha celebrates with his players after Alves doubled their lead

If the loss of a second goal with just shy of nine minutes gone was hardly a surprise, the nature of the strike still took the breath away.

Awarded a free-kick on the edge of the Dunfermline box, to the left of goal, every would-be taker in the home XI was brushed aside by a determined Alves.

With the cries of ‘Bruno, Bruno’ already ringing around Ibrox, the central defender curled the sweetest of dead-ball efforts over the wall and into the near top corner.

In a game with plenty of highlights for home fans, here was a moment of pure class that wouldn’t have looked out of place on any stage.

Not that supporters had much time to reflect on the moment of brilliance. Not with the pace being set by their side.

Tavernier was just off target with a low right-footed shot just moments after the second restart; call it a range finder for a better effort to follow later. Rangers were absolutely clinical in picking the opposition apart, as goals three and four demonstrated. 

Morelos celebrates as Rangers wasted no time in booking their spot in the last eight

The third came at the end of a lightning break, Miller playing in Morelos for a fine finish – and a truly barmy celebration that, inevitably, saw him yellow carded by referee Don Robertson.

The fourth, with just 26 minutes gone, saw Dorrans, Miller, Tavernier with the finish. As quick – and as simple – as that.

In the interim, Dunfermline had hinted at some kind of threat. Declan McManus beat Rangers keeper Jak Alnwick with a free-kick that rattled the bar.

Really, it was now all about damage limitation. As become clear when, just before the half-hour mark, manager Allan Johnston removed forward David Hopkirk and threw centre-half Jean-Yves Mvoto into a back five. 

Tavernier finished with power as Rangers strode through to join Celtic in the quarter finals

In fairness, it worked. Dunfermline managed to hang on for the rest of the first half without losing a fifth, and it took almost 60 seconds for Rangers to get a sight on goal at the start of the second half, Morelos testing Murdoch with a shot straight at the keeper.

When Rangers were awarded another inviting free-kick with 56 minutes on the clock, the inevitable cries of ‘Bruno!’ from the crowd were cut short by Caixinha substituting the central defender, Danny Wilson taking his place.

There was a certain inevitability, of course, about Candeias stepping up to bury the set-piece with power and precision. There was still time for Morelos to score his second, burying a rebound after Tavernier’s shot had been saved.

This was a night for flicks and tricks, party pieces and shows of strength. A night for smooth progress, and, with one eye on the weekend visit of Hibs, statements of menacing intent.

3 hours ago, one55 said:

any cunt got highlights of the game...even if it's just showing the goals? had to fucking listen on BBC radio last night.

Somebody put the full game up earlier mate, don't know if its been taken down or not 

15 hours ago, Bruno's Manbun said:

I thought I was the only one with that problem that night. Was half past midnight when I got back to Fife 

Just now, Brubear said:

I thought I was the only one with that problem that night. Was half past midnight when I got back to Fife 

I was 10 to 2 Up to Aberdeen mate hahaha ended up having to go to Edinburgh then round the bypass and then found the A90 after the forth road bridge was shut got detoured round north queensferry :lol:

6 hours ago, Bruno's Manbun said:

I was 10 to 2 Up to Aberdeen mate hahaha ended up having to go to Edinburgh then round the bypass and then found the A90 after the forth road bridge was shut got detoured round north queensferry :lol:

Sat Nav fcking useless in these cases. I am sure I went round the same roundabout near Airdrie half a dozen times. Detour signs were hopeless and then Sat Nav would re-calculate route and send me back to same fecking roundabout, trying to get me onto a motorway that was shut. M74 and M73 both closed. Finally ended up going through Cumbernauld before getting onto a road I recognised. Of course was dark by this time making it harder by the minute. All that and the game had been shit. :anger: