*****The Official Rangers vs Dunfermline Thread*****

2 minutes ago, Boaby Bear said:

Don't encourage that shite run/movement don't get me wrong it worked a treat in the championship but up a level and it's too predictable and often left us open to the counter down that side.

Yep pass and move will never catch on.

That was some performance.  

Credit to Pedro for pushing the players on even at 6-0 up. I liked his comments the other day about him not adapting to Scottish football; Scottish football will have to adapt to me: on that showing he's not wrong.  Long may it continue.  

3 minutes ago, GaryMc said:

Played some good stuff but I was most impressed with the constant pressing and the effort the whole team put in.

There was obvious standouts for me in Morelos, Miller and Candeias but I was really impressed with Dorrans, Rossiter and Windass for the shift they put in as they didn't give Dunfermline's midfield a minutes peace! Especially Windass who I thought worked his arse off for the team which isn't something I expected from him.

Agree about being pleased with the pressing and effort, don't know so much about Rossiter as I think Jack is better in an attacking sense. Windass did work hard but faded in and our of the game. Think we need to find a way to get more out of Candeias who looks very talented. and could prove to be a key part of the team., Cardoso was very impressive, a great find.. Pleased for Morelos who I think will score plenty in this league.

That was a very good performance and great to score 6 to 0. The team is looking much better that is for sure. :thumbup:

I will resist going too over the top though because Dunfermline were as poor as we will see this year at Ibrox I would think. 

I'm one happy bear tonight after watching that. So many possitives I don't know where to start And to be honest I think I'm in shock I just didn't think we could put on a performance like that after just a few games playing together. Heres hoping this is us starting to gel looks like exciting times ahead if tonight is anything to go by.

2 minutes ago, Malvern said:

It wasn't the scoreline or the team we played it was how we played.

We played with purpose, tracking back, hunting in packs, desperate to get in the box when the time is right and was a sublime performance from the team.

Team, strange word but it felt like it had meaning tonight as everyone seemed to be singing from the same hymn sheet (the odd shit tav attempt aside but fair play to him 5 nil up) it is gelling. For me it was great to see Rossiter back and doing his bit and Niko when he came on and Morelos, Alves and Candias all scoring was superb.

this could get to be an exciting season for us but we will have to see when we go into our first Prem match and face some real fucktards.

Exactly, fuck the level of the opposition, ask hearts how shit they are, play like that and we'll beat most put in front of us.

And the big plus is theres a lot more to come from this team, we're just getting started.

Dunno where to start with that tonight. Missed the first half hour, but sounds like the next 60 were just the same. 

I love Candeias. He's one of those nippy wee bastards that never give you a minute and has all the tricks. Maybe needs a wee bit more height in some of his crosses, but that's just a small thing. He's going to get a lot of 'attention' this season, that's for sure.

I also love the fucking passion and energy this team shows. We just never slowed down and were picking up virtually every loose ball. Not only that, we were actually making that look simple, and royally taking the piss. Thing is, I think we're only going to get better and better. Would live it if Herrera can get a couple of goals soon too to give him some confidence.

Brilliant show Rangers! :UK: