Is Niko trying to showboat too much?

cushynumber

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, TheMotor said:

Nope. Reckon he's having to do it as the other players are struggling to spot the spaces as fast as he does. 

They'll get it and we'll really fly when they do.

I don't get this notion that somehow Kranjcar is too intelligent for the rest of the team.

They make runs for him often enough just sometimes he would rather play the big pass than take the short simple option. As others have mentioned, it does make it seem like he just wants to play to the crowd.

If we can get away with it then fair enough but he was caught in possession a few times tonight.

8 minutes ago, LaudrupsAsicsBoots said:

Had a couple of loan spells after us and flopped at those clubs too. He's now a bit part player at some Slovenian team.

No longer involved in the England set up either so switched his allegiance to Nigeria.

Fuck sake. At least he can tell his grand weans the pinnacle of his career was playing in front of a packed ibrox.

51 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

No problem discussing performance - why the need to do so in a negative way, starting from a negative premise - that I don't understand - I think he is a class act and brings excitement to the team. 

You're genuinely, literally a fucking moron. 

19 minutes ago, jimgers said:

He's about a stone too heavy and only about 75% fit imo, but he can do things with the ball other players can only dream of. Can't wait till he's 100% fit and running like a Gazelle.

I seriously doubt you'll see either tbh. 

Mibbie wearing Gazelle. 

He respects the paying customer. Can't ask for more than that. It's not his fault if his team-mates don't make the runs and he has to hold onto it a bit longer. I'd rather that than he plays a pass and no one is there, or he plays it backwards and we end up playing like we did under Warburton.

1 hour ago, Misteral said:

I think that will be his job for much of the season. Come on when we're comfortable and give the fans what they want to see and with the managers blessing.. I love a bit of showboating. 

I hate the showboating, just as I hated Wee Wullie Johnston when he sat on the ball against the bhuggerers of bhoys, disrespectful:mutley: 

53 minutes ago, JamieD said:

He respects the paying customer. Can't ask for more than that. It's not his fault if his team-mates don't make the runs and he has to hold onto it a bit longer. I'd rather that than he plays a pass and no one is there, or he plays it backwards and we end up playing like we did under Warburton.

Amazed with the play tonight ?

Dont mention warburton, the cunt was stale bread (with hindsight)

6 hours ago, cushynumber said:

That's what stuck out for me when he came on. If it's negative, it's negative. I think he used to be a class act. I think the legs are gone. 

See, now you have me really negative, when I was trying to engender a discussion. Well done you.

I don't think his legs are 'gone' and I remember Ray Wilkins at the twilight of his career playing for us and he was some player for us - I think Nico can be the same type of influence and guile.

on a positive note :pipe: we now seem to have 3-4 players capable of scoring good goals from free kicks - not had that in the team for a long while. 

Nico never had "legs" even at Spurs he was slow but his ability on the ball made him worth a slot, I will allow myself a little smile when I think about the  shite on offer from McCoist and Warburtons sides and this is construed as a negative thread.

I do not always agree with Bluepeter9 posts but I cant see what he has said wrong in this one to take stick.