Are celtic really that good?

No I don't think they are that good, they are average at the back but dangerous going forward.

The problem is from 2nd-12th in our league there is not much in it unfortunately. We have a decent first 11 but are always only a couple of injuries away from a crisis. 

Genuinely believe we will end comfortably second, especially after watching the sheep match on Thursday.

Not making excuses for Pedro but he took over a mess of a squad and he has had 1 transfer window with lots of changes. We clearly need a few more windows to sort out this squad and genuinely compete with celtic. Not sure pedro will get the chance though whether you agree or not. 

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst their football is a lot 'prettier' than most Scottish sides in memory, they're ultimately not all that good. 

I reckon they'd lose to Advocaat's Rangers, MON's Celtic, Eck's Rangers, and Walter's Rangers 2.0 - despite playing much "better football" than most of those sides.

Are they better than us? unforunate but yes.

Are they really that good? no.

For all the money they claim to have, they cannot improve and are running on autopilot.   I think we are catching up to them slowly but we are still lacking depth and a few first team players.

14 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Said pretty much this the other week, they cunts have played a blinder here by shafting us down and in turn weakening the rest of Scottish football.

Dirty fenian rat tactics.

Worst part is the rest of Scottish football are total morons and don't even grasp what's happened. 

As said above reducing prize money from 2nd to 5th places and increasing it for 1st place was about as blatant attempt to weaken any challenge as you can get.

They are a good team but by no means a great team.  Unfortunately, they are brimming with confidence (domestically) at the present time and that exaggerates their ability.  Stating the obvious but we need somehow to dent that confidence and put them under some sort of pressure.

8 minutes ago, Alves70 said:

Worst part is the rest of Scottish football are total morons and don't even grasp what's happened. 

As said above reducing prize money from 2nd to 5th places and increasing it for 1st place was about as blatant attempt to weaken any challenge as you can get.

Blinded by hatred of the big bad Rangers.

1 minute ago, Ibroxholm said:

They are a good team but by no means a great team.  Unfortunately, they are brimming with confidence (domestically) at the present time and that exaggerates their ability.  Stating the obvious but we need somehow to dent that confidence and put them under some sort of pressure.

I spoke to a couple of tarriers a few weeks back and they even said to me "if we lose once we will go on to lose 3 or 4/within a few  months"

1 hour ago, MVRanger said:

Unfortunately, the gap between the teams that was bearly perceptible at the 2016 Scottish Cup Semi Final is now a yawning chasm and becoming wider all the time.

This was (in theory) their hardest domestic match of the season yet they won at a canter and hardly broke sweat.

They are as far ahead of us as PSG are of them - that is the scale of the challenge that Dave King had better start facing up to.

Mr King doesn't need to face up to anything. He knows we will accept shite and keep them tills ringing.

3 hours ago, Amac9 said:

They are nowhere near the level when we were last winning titles. Our team under Walter would beat this current celtc side right now.

It's just we are so poor and the rest of Scottish football has got so bad that they look a lot better than they actually are.

They have better player crucially they have a core that know the score the decision to buy Mexican and Portuguese players rather than Walker, McLean, Naismith and Moult (who would have cost less) was plain stupid. Equally to appoint an untried manager with zero knowledge of Scottish football was plain stupid.   Look at the cost of the players they buy and look at what we bought. Off course they are better cash makes the difference.  Are they world beater no not a chance but they are by far the best of a bad lot. They are to a man dirty scum though.

41 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Whilst their football is a lot 'prettier' than most Scottish sides in memory, they're ultimately not all that good. 

I reckon they'd lose to Advocaat's celtic, MON's celtic, Eck's Rangers, and Walter's Rangers 2.0 - despite playing much "better football" than most of those sides.

What the fuck has wee Dick done to deserve that slur?

celtic are a good team in one of the worst professional leagues in Europe.The days of a Scottish team reaching a European final are over.The fact a club like Bournemouth with gates of 10000 have more buying power than us and probably celtic says it all ..Fuck Sky Fuck BT Fuck modern football

what i found very noticable today was how much stronger physically and how much fitter they were than us

if you think that around 75% of their team today played in the cup semi when we beat them  if shows what a good manager can do to improve players make them stronger fitter and tactically more aware

i am afraid we will never see that improvement with our current manager

1 minute ago, billscott said:

what i found very noticable today was how much stronger physically and how much fitter they were than us

if you think that around 75% of their team today played in the cup semi when we beat them  if shows what a good manager can do to improve players make them stronger fitter and tactically more aware

i am afraid we will never see that improvement with our current manager

Good post, I would just add to it winning the vast majority of 50-50 balls and second balls has nothing to do with a superior budget but a better understanding of your job and what is expected from you in terms of fight and desire but Pedro just can't seem to translate his passion he shows on the sidelines through to his players on the park.

15 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Good post, I would just add to it winning the vast majority of 50-50 balls and second balls has nothing to do with a superior budget but a better understanding of your job and what is expected from you in terms of fight and desire but Pedro just can't seem to translate his passion he shows on the sidelines through to his players on the park.

absolutely agree, in the second half they were out running us and looked comfortable and strong; clearly much fitter than our guys; its not good when Pena is on the field a half to one stone overweight

We are a poor side. The rest of the league are poor. A decent celtic side are being made to look like world beaters against us and the rest. 

Due to the nightmare last few years they have us right where they want us and there is no quick fix for us to get back anywhere near the top. 

Depressing as it is they have Scottish football completely tied up

3 hours ago, MVRanger said:

Unfortunately, the gap between the teams that was bearly perceptible at the 2016 Scottish Cup Semi Final is now a yawning chasm and becoming wider all the time.

This was (in theory) their hardest domestic match of the season yet they won at a canter and hardly broke sweat.

They are as far ahead of us as PSG are of them - that is the scale of the challenge that Dave King had better start facing up to.

Dont let that semi final fool you, between both our goals we didnt have a single shot on target, we might have had a lot of the ball but we done fuck all with it, the tarriers battered us that day as well, we just had lady luck on our side