Ross McCrorie

It beggars belief that this boy does not start as one of our two centre halves every week without fail. He has never once let us down despite his relative inexperience. 

I wasn’t at the game today but watched it on TV and it would not be overplaying it to say he didn’t put a foot wrong and has so many facets to his game that make him a real talent. 

-Reads the game superbly well, how often do you see him not having to dive in and make a last ditch tackle because he’s positioned himself well and deals with the danger by stepping in and staying on his feet.

-Wins his fair share of aerial duals, think the only time I seen him come off second best today was on the odd occasion against Lafferty who is the naturally bigger man. 

-His vision and ability to see a forward pass is possibly the most impressive part of his game. It’s easy to say it’s not difficult to find a pass when the game is in front of you at centre half but how many players do you see playing even in the EPL that are uncomfortable with the ball at their feet. It was his initial long pass to Morelos that started the combination for the goal. 

-Most importantly as a defender, he’s just solid. He wins races, headers and tackles. I actually think the partnership between him and Wilson looked really strong today. 

Perhaps that long term partner is Wilson but I know Wilson has his detractors. Whoever the other CB is, Ross McCrorie has to be part of that central defence. It was a pleasure to watch him today. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, WWTC said:

He's something we've lacked: a centre half whos really good at defending. His distribution is also good, and hes not scared to bring the ball out from the back. Hes head and shoulder above Bates, despite his age.

100%

Been saying since the old firm game he should be starting ahead of Cardoso, looks much more assured at the back.

Had a tough time at the start of this match against Goncalves but really grew into it as the game went on, isn't too bad on the ball either.

If we want to play Cardoso and Alves at the back I don't think he'd be a bad shout for a midfield anchor man, Wilson wasn't too bad today either after a few ropey moments in the first half

21 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Going to be a brilliant player. 

Class from him today again I thought.

Hopefully your right, we don't produce enough young centre backs, it would be ideal if young Ross can be that lad then their is no reason he can't be a first team regular this season