Ross McCrorie

Brilliant defender and is only going to get better. Hopefully will be a first team regular for years to come but if not hopefully will get the club a big transfer fee.

How long does he have left on his contract? Boys got serious potential and we should get him tied down to a long term deal asap.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Rangers defender Ross McCrorie targets regular spot for Scotland U-21s

Ross McCrorie (right) is likely to partner Aberdeen's Scott McKenna in central defence against Ukraine

Ross McCrorie has started to feel like "a proper first-team player" at Rangers and is now aiming to do likewise with Scotland Under-21s.

The 19-year-old defender is poised to make his first start for Scot Gemmill's side against Ukraine on Tuesday.

"That's me moved into the first-team dressing-room," said McCrorie of becoming a regular at Ibrox.

"I have made a few appearances for the 21s off the bench, but hopefully I can get my first start and build on that."

McCrorie is likely to get his chance for the young Scots after Hearts' John Souttar was ruled out of Tuesday's European Championship qualifier following concussion.

Souttar was injured in Friday's 1-1 draw with Latvia at McDiarmid Park and has returned to his club for treatment.

McCrorie made his Rangers debut in a 3-1 Scottish League Cup win over Partick Thistle in September and last week kept Portugal central defender Bruno Alves out of the side under interim manager Graeme Murty, scoring his first senior goal in the league win over Thistle.

McCrorie scored the opener for Rangers as they beat Partick Thistle 3-0 earlier this month

"Life has changed dramatically to be honest," McCrorie said. "Obviously making my debut and staying in the team for the last eight games, it has been brilliant and hopefully I can keep building on it.

"I am up among the first-team boys and I am loving every minute of it.

"It hasn't been too much difference because I know them all and train with them every day, but I have my locker, that's the difference.

"When you were with the under-20s you always felt like a youth player, but now I feel as if I am a proper first-team player and feel part of it. Hopefully I can get a few more games and see what happens."

The draw against Latvia left the Scots in third place in Group 4 with seven points from four games - a point behind Netherlands and six points off leaders England, both of whom have played a game more.

However, Gemmill remains relaxed about Scotland's qualification chances.

"I will tell you the truth, I haven't even looked at the league table," he said.

"It doesn't matter, the preparation will be exactly the same, wherever we are in the league table we need to find a way to beat Ukraine.

"Every game we play, it is about maximising the experience for the players.

"Whether we are playing a seeded team above or below us, home or away, they are all contributing factors to the dynamics of the game that our players need to live with."

57 minutes ago, bordersbear said:

Wilson plays better when he is the senior defender. It's like he tries to lead the younger lads and therefore concentrates more.

Said this several days ago, the responsibility of being the senior defender seems to bring out the best in Wilson.  I've never been his biggest fan but he has impressed me in the last two games. Long may it continue.

On 28/10/2017 at 14:26, Brackley Bluenose said:

It beggars belief that this boy does not start as one of our two centre halves every week without fail. He has never once let us down despite his relative inexperience. 

I wasn’t at the game today but watched it on TV and it would not be overplaying it to say he didn’t put a foot wrong and has so many facets to his game that make him a real talent. 

-Reads the game superbly well, how often do you see him not having to dive in and make a last ditch tackle because he’s positioned himself well and deals with the danger by stepping in and staying on his feet.

-Wins his fair share of aerial duals, think the only time I seen him come off second best today was on the odd occasion against Lafferty who is the naturally bigger man. 

-His vision and ability to see a forward pass is possibly the most impressive part of his game. It’s easy to say it’s not difficult to find a pass when the game is in front of you at centre half but how many players do you see playing even in the EPL that are uncomfortable with the ball at their feet. It was his initial long pass to Morelos that started the combination for the goal. 

-Most importantly as a defender, he’s just solid. He wins races, headers and tackles. I actually think the partnership between him and Wilson looked really strong today. 

Perhaps that long term partner is Wilson but I know Wilson has his detractors. Whoever the other CB is, Ross McCrorie has to be part of that central defence. It was a pleasure to watch him today. 

When do you think the Mhedia will have to finally recognise him as a talent? Only when he becomes a regular CB?

On 29/10/2017 at 13:28, orangecountry said:

Potentially the Best Center back this country has produced in decades 

What about Tierney isn't he potentially the best left back right back centre half goalkeeper striker of all time and a stick on for the greatest Scotland manager of all time 

37 minutes ago, Dickie1963 said:

What about Tierney isn't he potentially the best left back right back centre half goalkeeper striker of all time and a stick on for the greatest Scotland manager of all time 

Take off your blue tinted specs.

He's better than that.

39 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

When he leaves for Charlton for 500k.despite being every bit as good as the 100m Tierney 

Hahahaha tbf don't think we have seen enough from Ross quite yet, its only been what 5/6 times he's played in the first team that I can recall. He is doing great and showing a lot of potential but it will be interesting to see him in the next OF (If he plays) or against the sheep. That's a bit more of a challenge, do you think by years end he will be our first choice CB?

Do you think there's any chance he will get called up to the Senior Scotland squad given his MOTM performance for the unders?

He has done very well and has the potential to be exceptional. He  comes across as very level headed and committed. I hope he develops to his full potential. If he does we could have a top level player here. It’s a long time since we have developed one ourselves. 

10 minutes ago, RJMcGregor said:

Hahahaha tbf don't think we have seen enough from Ross quite yet, its only been what 5/6 times he's played in the first team that I can recall. He is doing great and showing a lot of potential but it will be interesting to see him in the next OF (If he plays) or against the sheep. That's a bit more of a challenge, do you think by years end he will be our first choice CB?

Do you think there's any chance he will get called up to the Senior Scotland squad given his MOTM performance for the unders?

Given some of the shire playing at CB for Scotland then surely any half decent manager will call him up,really can't see him losing his place in our side.As much as I hate the national side it will help his career and boost his value playing international football.