Ross McCrorie

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said in the match thread, he's not the finished article but looks a good CH for our league. Puts the boot in when needed, not frightened to make a tackle and actually looks mobile.  Even Pedro commented on his abilities, which makes you question why you find the need to spend £1m+ on Cardoso and why we persevered so much with Kiernan before. For clubs with money hard to find, you need to bring some good younger players through and supplement them with some quality across the rest of the team. It's really not a difficult thing to do. 

Looks miles better than Bambi on Ice Bates and A. Wilson.  His style of play seemed to dovetail well with Wilson's today. Fair play to them. Also, lets face facts, Hearts are pish but it's nice to finally put a team like that in their place. 

The irony is warburton told him he wouldn't make it at Rangers and he is exactly the type of defender warburton wanted/needed, physically imposing with but calm and comfortable on the ball and moves into space in front of him rather than just knocking it sideways,

Great potential ?

I'm sure the new manager will quickly realise Cardoso isn't in the top 2 CB's we have at the club. We have at least 2 centre backs that are better than him. 

I know Bates gets a hard time on here, and I agree he looks uncomfortable as fuck when he played, but did we not have a clean sheet every game he played except against THEM?

56 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

Wilson seems to play better under pressure and complimented McCrorie , leave them in.

Wilson plays better with the younger players as he's a good organizer. he seems not to have the confidence with the older players.

1 hour ago, WWTC said:

He's something we've lacked: a centre half whos really good at defending. His distribution is also good, and hes not scared to bring the ball out from the back. Hes head and shoulder above Bates, despite his age.

I think he is very good in the air.

Better than Cardosa i.m.o.