Allan McGregor

GOAT

Met up for a few drinks wae a boy I used to work wae yesterday that I've no seen in a few years.  Anyway, he's good mates with Robert snodgrass and was telling me a story about when he met McGregor down in Hull.  They all ended up in their hotel bar, and he asked him about how it ended at Rangers.  Now maybe this is a bare faced lie I don't know, but he said that Green was the one that told him to find a new club as they couldn't afford him because he'd just signed a new seven year contract.  Why would green tell him to leave when we could have got a million or two for him, the same with most of the players that left that summer.  He apparently told him he regrets leaving and that as far as he was concerned he was finishing his career at us.  Just makes me wonder, are these the rats I thought they were and why haven't we been told the truth.  We deserve that I imagine.  If green told these players to fuck off, then that's disgraceful and the cunt again cost us a few million quid in transfer fees. 

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, The Godfather said:

Would McGregor say any different? He' hardly going to come out and say fuck the Rangers and I just wanted to double my salary 

Boy he was talking to was a Tim, what difference would it make to him. 

3 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Met up for a few drinks wae a boy I used to work wae yesterday that I've no seen in a few years.  Anyway, he's good mates with Robert snodgrass and was telling me a story about when he met McGregor down in Hull.  They all ended up in their hotel bar, and he asked him about how it ended at Rangers.  Now maybe this is a bare faced lie I don't know, but he said that Green was the one that told him to find a new club as they couldn't afford him because he'd just signed a new seven year contract.  Why would green tell him to leave when we could have got a million or two for him, the same with most of the players that left that summer.  He apparently told him he regrets leaving and that as far as he was concerned he was finishing his career at us.  Just makes me wonder, are these the rats I thought they were and why haven't we been told the truth.  We deserve that I imagine.  If green told these players to fuck off, then that's disgraceful and the cunt again cost us a few million quid in transfer fees. 

In fairness, I would like to know both sides of the story. 

Unlike say Whittaker I don't doubt it was a difficult decision for him. Always got the impression he loved playing for us.

That being said... He made the wrong decision to leave the way he did.

Can't blame anyone for leaving, just wish they did it in a better manner.

I suspect there’s always been more to what went down here than what we have been told.

I don’t particularly blame any of them for leaving because of the state we were in. I seriously doubt anyone at the club would have been in a position to guarantee wages, a division, etc at the time they were looking at transferring over contracts.

Still doesn’t make it any easier and although I don’t blame them the irrational supporter side of me is still thoroughly annoyed at their actions.

I have no doubt that some would have been told to be careful around Green after his time at Sheffield United.

To be honest I don’t really care about any of it anymore. I’m more focused on where we are at now. 

The fans should be proud for keeping this club alive but I think it’s time to stop dwelling on what has happened in the past six years and focus on holding the board to their as yet unfulfilled promises.

If I’m correct I’m sure ally said the only player to get in touch and tell him that he was leaving was infact mcgregor.    I wouldn’t be at all surprised if green did say to them to find new clubs..  1st month of preseason and having to pay out a heck of a lot of dosh whilst planning for 3rd tier?  

Its the same as when John greig walked out when whyte took over. Never said anything,  why?  Why didn’t he and then our players tell us why they were leaving?  It really fucks me off as these players that left- strong Rangers fans they are/were and they never had the balls to tell the loyal fan base that supported them for years what was happening.

Out of all the players that 'left', i feel the least disdain for shagger.

Yes he left, though he was last to leave, you could see he wanted to stay and was torn about it.

Also heard a few times he grabbed either a player or someone from Duff and Phelphs by the throat when they were not 'playing ball' over the wage cut when he first entered Admin.

Plus his penalty saves against the taigs still fill me with joy, especially the one against gorgous George.

4 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

If I’m correct I’m sure ally said the only player to get in touch and tell him that he was leaving was infact mcgregor.    I wouldn’t be at all surprised if green did say to them to find new clubs..  1st month of preseason and having to pay out a heck of a lot of dosh whilst planning for 3rd tier?  

Its the same as when John greig walked out when whyte took over. Never said anything,  why?  Why didn’t he and then our players tell us why they were leaving?  It really fucks me off as these players that left- strong Rangers fans they are/were and they never had the balls to tell the loyal fan base that supported them for years what was happening.

So CG could have given them a choice when the 12 clubs booted the club out of the league, leaving us to apply for a new licence?  

10 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

There’s always been a code of no dirty laundry in public around Rangers. Ralph Brand found that out the hard way.

When Greig left I would be willing to bet that if he had gone on the record he would have been hounded by the fans for speaking out and I think a lot of people would have taken Whyte’s (or was it Green - I can’t remember) side.

I suspect Green was not wanting too much money going out in wages as this would have impacted on the money he would have been taking out . McGregor is one of the ones who I have some sympathy for . I also have heard he was the most vocal on agreeing to reduce wages 

59 minutes ago, GOAT said:

It's pretty much what I was told by a close mate of his. I've posted a few times about it before 

Why did none of them transfer over? They all agreed release clauses when we went into admin so they were all aware there was a possibility they could have left. Of course now it would have made no difference where the money went but at the time, getting in even reduced transfer fee's for the likes of Mcgregor, Naismith, Davis, Whittaker etc would have been better than us getting fuck all. I try not to think about it anymore the whole situation fucks me right off.

1 hour ago, GOAT said:

That's not what McCulloch says In his book