Murtys 'Presser'

MrMckee

His comments on Windass were interesting. At first I was thinking he should not be saying this publically but you know what, he is a very intelligent guy who knows his players and he obviously feels his player will accept the comments. Ive always thought there is a player in there and hope these comments improve him.

2 hours ago, jackrfc95 said:

Murty been talking to Smith? 

55 confirmed.

Good to know Walter still takes an avid interest in us and is in and about the club, if Murty were to get the gig having someone like Smith to offer some advice would be a master stroke. 

I don't particularly like the idea of someone having a 'mentor' cos it sort of belittles and undermines them. However Walter popping in with the kids for a chat seems highly beneficial and as a true legend of our club his presence can only be a good thing. 

3 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

He publicly said that all on loan players were under consideration to be called back etc. The way pedro answered with regards him was basically selling the club short and telling everyone we would let him go for about 3 quid

yeah that's spot on mate . I had forgotten about that :tu:

4 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Every player good, bad, inconsistent, young and old deserves a fresh start under a new manager 

Windass being perfect example of how one manager can get a return when another couldn’t 

Amazing what happens when you ask a player to play in his best position rather than ask him to be Davie Cooper. 

12 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

Amazing what happens when you ask a player to play in his best position rather than ask him to be Davie Cooper. 

Football (Scottish football especially) is an easy game - Warburton and Pedro always tried to over complicate things 

On 15 December 2017 at 17:17, Rfc52 said:

He publicly said that all on loan players were under consideration to be called back etc. The way pedro answered with regards him was basically selling the club short and telling everyone we would let him go for about 3 quid

He's a fenian bastard get him to fuck 

On ‎15‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 18:38, Grundy said:

Another example of Pedro's failings unfortunately,  potentially losing the club a substantial six figure sum.  Be interesting to see if Murty wants O'Halloran back in January or if we decide to cut him loose.

MOH is currently paid £8k/week on a contract that lasts until 2020.  If we could get rid of MOH, even on a free transfer, we would save ourselves over £1m on wages.  Finding a club that is willing to pay a six figure sum for MOH, match of better the wages he's currently on, then persuade  him to move wont be easy.  We have a number of players on the books who will be reluctant to move due to the amount of money we're paying them.

Getting transfer fees for MOH, Halliday, Forrester, Dodoo, Hodson, and others would be great but is it realistic?  If there was an opportunity to cut all those players loose from the wage bill and gain nothing on transfer fees I think our club would bite the hand off.   We would save several million pounds in wages and it would allow us to go out and rebuild this team.  If the club put all of those player up for free transfer I wouldn't have an issue with it.