Lee Wallace

MrMckee

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit of competition might do him some good, might even do John some good to know that if he doesn't keep improving then Wallace is ready to step back in and take his spot.  Right now I would go with John because he offers a lot of pace going forward but if he doesn't improve defensively, then it's good to know that Wallace can step in and perform almost as well going forward but better defensively.

1 hour ago, Tenerife Bear said:

He's finished here. A clogger and hammer thrower. Everything that is wrong with the banter years. 

Up there with one of the worst things I’ve ever read in my years coming on this forum! 

Should be fucking ashamed of yourself!

3 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

He's been out for three months and has had two surgeries, one on his stomach and the other on his groin injury, but aye never injured, okay very good.  

Before that injury he has averaged 41 games a season for us, but aye always injured.

2 minutes ago, Barca-Bear said:

Before that injury he has averaged 41 games a season for us, but aye always injured.

Yes, the use of 'always' was wrong, however, he's been out for nearly 6 months and undergone multiple surgeries and more importantly, he's not that great a defender.  That said, I'd l would not mind seeing him with someone much stronger than Windass or a McKay type in front of him.   Create a left-side pairing similar to TavCandeias on the right.  

Just now, piperpete said:

Would love him to lift a few more trophies before he left us as his loyalty has been second to none over the last 6 years

Don't get me wrong I'd like to see the same as well, but he's got to work to get back into the side. 

Not forgetting that he was rank rotten last season but then again who wasn't? 

The one good thing about his return is it pushes Lee Hodson out. Guy is a bombscare.

Against the likes of celtic i think Wallace and John could be used together.

In all honesty i think we need a left back whi can defend first and attack second. Papac is the perfect example. A left back who can tuck in and do the nitty gritty defending and win their back post headers. 

I like Lee Wallace and I’d play John infront of him but with our options now it’s probably going to be Murphy infront of Wallace with John being viewed as the long term replacement for Wallace. 

I have never wanted us to win the league and Scottish cup more for one player than I have for Lee Wallace. That would put him in a category of his own having won every trophy in Scotland as a Rangers player. 

He’s already won the LC with us hasn’t he?