Injury Update

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, thebluedoo said:

Something telling me Dorrans will probably be in the first team before Rossiter (unfortunately) 

Why? Dorrans has shown his ability for us and Rossiter never has - this place is like a mongoloid twilight zone sometimes 

Hope Alves and Dorrans can get fit and help us win the cup, would go a bit along the way to justifying the fanfare the received on here when they signed.

Both have been disappointing imo.

Good to see Wallace back in full training but he may struggle to get in the team but hopefully it spurs DJ on to up his inconsistent level of performance.

We have probably missed McCrorie the most.

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Why? Dorrans has shown his ability for us and Rossiter never has - this place is like a mongoloid twilight zone sometimes 

I think he means unfortunate as in Rossiter won't be back before March (when Dorrans is schefuled to be fit).

Not comparing abilities, the unfortunate aspect being we won't see JR any time soon.

At least I think that's what he means.

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I think he means unfortunate as in Rossiter won't be back before March (when Dorrans is schefuled to be fit).

Not comparing abilities, the unfortunate aspect being we won't see JR any time soon.

At least I think that's what he means.

That occurred to me after I posted but wouldn’t be surprised if it wasn’t either 

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

This.

I don't doubt he's got potential, but not seen it with us so far in the few games hes played 

To be fair to him though the games he did play we had a pretty poor midfield around him

3 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Mate it was a joke referencing that fact Rossiter  seems to be constantly on the injury list, you know the 6 to 8 weeks thing :duh:  fuking mongoliod ? :anger:

Jeez relax :tu:

https://fourladshadadream.wordpress.com/2018/02/21/injury-update-mccrorie-rossiter-dorrans-latest/

Small injury update from Ibrox and it’s a mixed bag with some good news, some not so good news

Positive news first, Lee Wallace and Bruno Alves are now in contention for the first team having came through a week of training unscathed. Both could be involved Saturday but given Wallace has been out 5 months the club are taking their time with him, Alves seems more likely to return to the starting eleven first.

Graham Dorrans this week stepped up his rehabilitation program by joining in on light training and remains on target to return at the end of March. The player is progressing fantastically well and having been ruled out the season the club are thrilled with his progress.

So that’s the good news, the bad news is as we told you Jordan Rossiter received a nasty kick to his ankle during the Valencia under 20s match. This has set him back and will keep him out for a further month, bruising and swelling to his ankle caused by the challenge. Rangers will again take their time in a bid to get him fit before season ends.

Now the really bad news, Ross McCrorie has NOT been cleared by Club doctors as we and the club expected him to be. In fact his injury hasn’t improved meaning he misses the next 3-4 weeks minimum before he can be considered. The issue with his injury is now at critical point because if the player doesn’t react to this treatment, Rangers will have to reassess their options and the player may have to get surgery. This is obviously worst case scenario but the players season may well be in doubt if he doesn’t react positively. Now that’s worst case scenario, best case scenario is he does react and will be back in 3-4 weeks as stated.

Dreadfully unlucky for the player and best wishes to Ross in his recovery, let’s hope he responds to treatment and returns soon.

We will continue to bring you latest updates where possible, thank you as ever to Derek for all the information.

Nightmare..... The Young lad has been superb this season.Really hope he is back before the end of the seson. Really miss his presence and tackling in the middle.

Rossiter I think we need to cut our losses.  Kicked ankle out for a Month!!! Guy has Wheatabix legs.

Alves and Wallace will hopefully push the others in the squad to be better or replace them.