Too much too soon

9 minutes ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

We haven’t laid a glove on them since we came back, they left with a bloody nose today, we are the Premier club in Scotland and the tide is turning. I’m not saying I’m happy with this today but the improvement is massive. 

How many of us thought they were untouchable this season? We leathered them in that first half today. 

Next season...

M8 they didn't leave with a bloody nose, they left with 3 points, they won , we lost and it's as simple as that, fucking gutted. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, JukeBoxJohn said:

Agreed it's the first time in a long time we've went into a game with genuine confidence but the players failed to respond to that ultimately. It's a combination of a mental block and lack of ability at times in my eyes mate. 

Fair dos.....I'm agonising over windass being inches away from puting us up 3-1.....but again that's the ifs and buts I talk about?

1 minute ago, Marky. said:

There were many positives from that game on our side. Some outstanding negatives too, but it was not worth being broken hearted over.

Things are on the up for us, we will get there. We showed signs today but it just wasn't to be.

Let's see what the future brings us.

And Whys it not worth being broken hearted?

That defeat today meant the league is completely over. 

Odd thing to say. I'm sick as fuck. Today was a chance to make a statement and put some real pressure on. 

13 minutes ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

We haven’t laid a glove on them since we came back, they left with a bloody nose today, we are the Premier club in Scotland and the tide is turning. I’m not saying I’m happy with this today but the improvement is massive. 

How many of us thought they were untouchable this season? We leathered them in that first half today. 

Next season...

They were camped in our box the last 5-8 minutes of 1st half 

5 minutes ago, Marky. said:

There were many positives from that game on our side. Some outstanding negatives too, but it was not worth being broken hearted over.

Things are on the up for us, we will get there. We showed signs today but it just wasn't to be.

Let's see what the future brings us.

Or it's several more steps back 

1 minute ago, JukeBoxJohn said:

Odd thing to say. I'm sick as fuck. Today was a chance to make a statement and put some real pressure on. 

Today was just a small part of a bigger picture. Obviously if we win it would have been magic, it was a big chance for us, but it's another 3 points we haven't won much like against Hamilton, Dundee, Hibs and St Johnstone.

3 minutes ago, JukeBoxJohn said:

That’s how I feel. They won the league today with fkn 10 men. There is not one positive to take from that game today 

28 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Just one of those games where it didn't go our way. Onto the next one, we were the better team 

Bollocks I am afraid. A better team would have won against that Sellik team. 

We still have some way to go. 

1 minute ago, simplythebest said:

Or it's several more steps back 

Potentially that. It puts us back short term, the mentality of the squad could be hit, but this feeling has to be brought into the next game against them.

22 minutes ago, GlasgowRangers1983 said:

Defending was as poor as I have seen.

alves was shite from someone with a pedigree as good as his he should stroll these matches needs to go in the summer.

sell Danny Wilson who was playing his best ever standard as a Rangers player. Only to have Cardoso who is utter shite come on and cost us the game.

am sorry but two proper center half’s are needed pronto or we will never compete.

as said on the other tread there was no leaders on the park today celtic where they’re for the taken.

p.s Windass thought it was enough to score in the first fives mins and then play his and seek for the other 90 mins 

100% spot on

To think these arseholes cheered when we got the scum in the semi final. Never had the bottle to win against 10 men how do they expect to win the semi final. No excuses they were there for the taken today and we just weren't good enough. When we pressed we looked good but decide to stand off them last 15 mins of the first half, the goal was always coming. Today was the chance to make a statement but I don't know if they are either not good enough or don't have the bottle or both. This one will hurt for a long time 

They were ordinary today.  Mistakes at the back have cost us (as they have all year) and an inability to do the simple things in goal were incredible.  They had 3 decent chances all game and took them.  We will get there slowly but surely.

45 minutes ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

For a week we managed to believe we had a chance of toppling those bastards. Wasn’t to be but tbf our squad only took shape during the January transfer window. They’ve spent more and we went months without a manager. 

We will be back to take our title next year with a few more signings and a permanent manager, whether that’s Murty or someone else.

Point of the thread is there are some positives as we’ve been a fucking mess this season and still went toe to toe with them.

I will never accept Rangers being second but there’s been genuine progress here and when you wake up tomorrow feeling like shit, youre still a fucking bear.

No Surrender.

Shipping three goals at home is never acceptable. No progress has been made .

48 minutes ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

For a week we managed to believe we had a chance of toppling those bastards. Wasn’t to be but tbf our squad only took shape during the January transfer window. They’ve spent more and we went months without a manager. 

We will be back to take our title next year with a few more signings and a permanent manager, whether that’s Murty or someone else.

Point of the thread is there are some positives as we’ve been a fucking mess this season and still went toe to toe with them.

I will never accept Rangers being second but there’s been genuine progress here and when you wake up tomorrow feeling like shit, youre still a fucking bear.

No Surrender.

I agree with this. There are definite positives. Under Warburton or caixinha we wouldn't have gone toe to toe with them. The January additions have been good. A strong summer and we will compete.

42 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Never happy to lose to the scum but that's the last 2 games we have slung...get over the mental block and we can beat them....it's hard to take but after last seasons 5-1 we are streets ahead from that day 

Yeah, but the mental block is just going to get bigger if we don't beat them at Hampden.