Jump to content
Bluepeter9

Bates injury

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Doesn’t look too good

1F577F48-E127-4AAF-AB3C-C38AF51466DE.jpeg

How is that not a foul for us??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, ben51 said:

Their second doesn't happen if he's on the pitch.

Or their third. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

How is that not a foul for us??

It’s a follow through from a shot I think? Still Jack got a red for less so you’ve got a point

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stewaj3 said:

Was thinking that too. He wouldn't get bullied like that, he'd have been up for a fight with dembele.

That being said before I was surprised he wasn't tighter to rogic earlier for the first goal, but I may be being harsh. 

You're right but he's been built up by some to be this incredible player. If Alves had been Bates at the first goal folk would have been saying it wouldn't have happened if Bates was there.

He didn't close Rogic down and he swung a lazy leg at a block that wasn't a blocking at all costs challenge. It was meh.

That said, the keeper fucked up big time because Rogic only had half a goal to hit, the obvious side to Wes right, but he still failed to cover it.

And Alves and Cardoso were absolutely rank for the second in particular, with cardoso (and Goss) culpable for the 3rd.

For weeks we have been soft centred and whilst he's not directly cost many goals he also hasn't made us stronger in the centre. For weeks balls come into the middle of our box and NO CH clears and it's a pinball lottery.

Has Bates been our best CH? Yeah maybe so. Is he good enough? Not by a long long way.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Goss was just as at fault for the 1st he made a 50 50 into a 90 10 with a not even half arsed challenge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, G.E.C. said:

Think he’ll be out for the rest of the season tbh with Rogic’s follow through and momentum.

Should have been red carded. 

Remember this same ref couldn't send Ryan Jack off fast enough for a follow through whilst passing the ball. 

Comsistency n that. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bluenose1986 said:

Should have been red carded. 

Remember this same ref couldn't send Ryan Jack off fast enough for a follow through whilst passing the ball. 

Comsistency n that. 

I'm more than happy to slate refs but that was never a red card. Nor was the one they got.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I'm more than happy to slate refs but that was never a red card. Nor was the one they got.

Eh? You're talking pish. 100% red card on Morelos. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, 50ShadesofBlue said:

Eh? You're talking pish. 100% red card on Morelos. 

Not from the angle I've seen it. Looked like a taller player leaning through a smaller players space with his arm.

Contact? Yes. A deliberate elbow and violent conduct? Nope, not for me, though will look to see it again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Not from the angle I've seen it. Looked like a taller player leaning through a smaller players space with his arm.

Contact? Yes. A deliberate elbow and violent conduct? Nope, not for me, though will look to see it again.

Clear red card IMO.

Maybe not the greatest contact made but the intent was certainly there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, wullyRFC said:

Anyone who thinks it was a red card is a fuckin spastic and should be banned

Nutters man. it was his landing foot he had no way to avoid doing it unless he flew offer him

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Not from the angle I've seen it. Looked like a taller player leaning through a smaller players space with his arm.

Contact? Yes. A deliberate elbow and violent conduct? Nope, not for me, though will look to see it again.

You are having a fuckin laugh once again , you and Walker and Crocker are the only three that think this wasn't a red card .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Clear red card IMO.

Maybe not the greatest contact made but the intent was certainly there.

As I said, didn't think so from the angle I seen it. Not seen any slow mo clips since.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Siwel said:

It’s a follow through from a shot I think? Still Jack got a red for less so you’ve got a point

No he didn't

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pretty sure I saw him on crutches about 30 mins into the second half at the base of the tunnel.

If that's the case and my mind isn't playing tricks on me then i'd suggest its not as bad as it looks in that picture.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sassaaaa said:

You are having a fuckin laugh once again , you and Walker and Crocker are the only three that think this wasn't a red card .

I. Didn't. Think. It. Was. A. Red. But. I've. Not. Seen. A. Clip. Since.

I'm not fucking having any laugh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I'm pretty sure I saw him on crutches about 30 mins into the second half at the base of the tunnel.

If that's the case and my mind isn't playing tricks on me then i'd suggest its not as bad as it looks in that picture.

Yeah I saw him as well but he had a boot on his foot as well as the crutches. We'll just need to wait and see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

As I said, didn't think so from the angle I seen it. Not seen any slow mo clips since.

 

070D2FAE-18EB-4812-88E5-5048CEF0CFD5.gif.5337aac32db9fd6c4072545a8360a2e6.gif

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I. Didn't. Think. It. Was. A. Red. But. I've. Not. Seen. A. Clip. Since.

I'm not fucking having any laugh.

Was a red card all day long , fuckin shocking a supposed fan says it wasn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ben51 said:

Their second doesn't happen if he's on the pitch.

Or even the 3rd. Think Bates stops him cutting inside 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jintybear said:

Yeah I saw him as well but he had a boot on his foot as well as the crutches. We'll just need to wait and see. 

If it was suspected broken foot/ankle etc, even small fracture, he would have been straight to hospital.

Hopefully it's just a badly rolled ankle and he's out for four weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was a laboured attempt at defending a shot but unfortunately rogic landed on his ankle without malice.

I fuckin despise those cunts but was never intentional and the big wan was unfortunate. 

Looks like a bad one though and wish him a speedy recovery as he will be missed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

No he didn't

Didn’t what?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Was a red card all day long , fuckin shocking a supposed fan says it wasn't.

Take a wee fuck to yourself whilst I have a nosey at the clip someone has posted 👍

"Supposed fan".

Get a fucking grip child.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×