Rumours at this stage

6 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Aye, took over a Jol team, in an environment he knew like the back of his hand, then ended up resigning after losing the league to PSV by 17 points, oh, and lost the one before that as well. Ajax are the dominant Club in Holland as well, always have been.

I repeat, he had 3 Club jobs, he resigned before getting sacked by one, got sacked by the other two.

An expensive gamble we can't afford to take for a few reasons. 

A jol team who hasn’t won the league yes?

ajax a dominant club in Holland?do you know how many times they have won the league in the last decade?the answer is 4 titles and do you know who won them?

no manager in last decade has won a title apart from de boer and if it’s so easy and they are so ‘dominant’ why hasn’t any other manager won it?

aye let’s get Clarke who he won fuck all and had 18 good months in his career,aye but he’s won loads of games with killie so he will be able to do it with us,let’s go get Alex Neil who has also won fuck all but but has done ok down south.

when did our standards drop?

de boer is by no means guaranteed to be successful but he’s our best candidate.

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Would love Dyce but don’t think we’d stand a chance 

We don't.

However you can bet there will be someone with his attitude and know-how managing in League 1 or 2 in England but even if our board indentified him (which let's face it is unlikely) we'd be back to the scenario of everyone complaining we're going down the rookie or "project" route again.  

We've got ourselves in an awful situation. 

Two years ago I'd have been depressed at someone like Mcleish coming back but I honestly think if we'd appointed him after Warburton we'd still be in the league and we'd have beaten them at some stage. The club would also have saved itself a lot of money.  

De Boer would be a massive mistake.

He would maybe be a decent choice if we were in a decent position, sadly we're not.

Would bite your hand off for a Tony Pulis or Allardyce type, someone that will make us difficult to beat in the first instance, we can worry about playing attractive football when we start winning things!

11 minutes ago, Laudrup1690 said:

A jol team who hasn’t won the league yes?

ajax a dominant club in Holland?do you know how many times they have won the league in the last decade?the answer is 4 titles and do you know who won them?

no manager in last decade has won a title apart from de boer and if it’s so easy and they are so ‘dominant’ why hasn’t any other manager won it?

aye let’s get Clarke who he won fuck all and had 18 good months in his career,aye but he’s won loads of games with killie so he will be able to do it with us,let’s go get Alex Neil who has also won fuck all but but has done ok down south.

when did our standards drop?

de boer is by no means guaranteed to be successful but he’s our best candidate.

I never mentioned Clarke.

Standards?

I repeat again, resigned from one before being sacked, sacked from the other 2.

We simply can't take another gamble, we need an old skool hard as nails manager to knows how to win at any cost, win dirty, can get his players to do the same, take no shite from them, or anyone, on or off the pitch. 

FDB is not that guy. 

I don't know who that is, but i'm just a fan. We have a Board and DOF who are employed to know such things.

FDB is potentially another shambles in the making by this Board if they appoint him. 

You're entitled to your opinion, me, I think we cannot take another big risk, as he would be. The fans have had enough, there's only so much they can take. 

9 minutes ago, CottonRunt said:

De Boer would be a massive mistake.

He would maybe be a decent choice if we were in a decent position, sadly we're not.

Would bite your hand off for a Tony Pulis or Allardyce type, someone that will make us difficult to beat in the first instance, we can worry about playing attractive football when we start winning things!

I was thinking today that Pulis would be a decent option.

couodnt agree more about being hard to beat. We can change playing style once we’re back competing seriously.

3 minutes ago, gers31 said:

No decent manager will want Allan telling them what players he's going to work with the board are fucking our great club up from top to bottom 

Pretty sure at no point has it been stated that MA will tell any manager the players he's going to work with.

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Pretty sure at no point has it been stated that MA will tell any manager the players he's going to work with.

Maybe not but I'm sure Allan has more say in players coming maybe only a rumour after that humiliation on Sunday and waiting to find out about Murty. Then u see an article in daily mail saying Rangers chasing vaulks from Rotherham maybe shit rumour but we don't  have a manager 

10 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I expect this wee prick's contract to be terminated for use of the H word.

He isn't a Rangers player, or even registered as a player at the moment.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2510952/Rangers-mark-woods-twitter-ira-celtic-scottish-cup/

9 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

Surely not. No fuckin way !! 

That was my first reaction as well, but then I do know ED has some good contacts and it is nearly 9pm and still no word from Rangers.

I am starting to think we might have a manager in for the last 5 games who has lost the dressing room and cannot motivate the players now. :headwall: I should add his motivation skills left a good few games ago. 

Allardyce and Pulis are in the football dinosaur relegation merry go round category IMO, along with Moyes, Pardew, Hughes and all the other tits we should be treating like shit on our shoe.

If we are going to be hard to beat go for Warnock or Clarke, not managers who get sacked more than they win ffs

we will end up 3rd or 4th. not that the board give a fuck as both aree 1st round of the europa and in there heads they probably see that as one extra game in the europa rather than getting 2nd in the league and skipping through to the 2nd round of the europa.

3rd or 4th probably suits them nicely.

9 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

That was my first reaction as well, but then I do know ED has some good contacts and it is nearly 9pm and still no word from Rangers.

I am starting to think we might have a manager in for the last 5 games who has lost the dressing room and cannot motivate the players now. :headwall: I should add his motivation skills left a good few games ago. 

I'm depressed enough mate !!

17 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

I never mentioned Clarke.

Standards?

I repeat again, resigned from one before being sacked, sacked from the other 2.

We simply can't take another gamble, we need an old skool hard as nails manager to knows how to win at any cost, win dirty, can get his players to do the same, take no shite from them, or anyone, on or off the pitch. 

FDB is not that guy. 

I don't know who that is, but i'm just a fan. We have a Board and DOF who are employed to know such things.

FDB is potentially another shambles in the making by this Board if they appoint him. 

You're entitled to your opinion, me, I think we cannot take another big risk, as he would be. The fans have had enough, there's only so much they can take. 

I know your repeating he resigned but your missing out the previous 4 years.

i do actually agree and would love a Walter Smith/souness manager to make us a hard as fuck team what take no prisoners but I don’t see any candidates,maybe warnock or Pearson maybe.

i feel de boer is a slight risk but so is hiring any manager and feel if giving money(which if he came I’m sure he would get) he would have us playing well again,good passing football 90% of the time beats the team who are trying to knock fuck out of you.

hate to say it but the scum have a manager who gets his teams passing and playing good football and feel de boer would do that for us.

4 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

we will end up 3rd or 4th. not that the board give a fuck as both aree 1st round of the europa and in there heads they probably see that as one extra game in the europa rather than getting 2nd in the league and skipping through to the 2nd round of the europa.

3rd or 4th probably suits them nicely.

Progrés.

3 minutes ago, Laudrup1690 said:

I know your repeating he resigned but your missing out the previous 4 years.

i do actually agree and would love a Walter Smith/souness manager to make us a hard as fuck team what take no prisoners but I don’t see any candidates,maybe warnock or Pearson maybe.

i feel de boer is a slight risk but so is hiring any manager and feel if giving money(which if he came I’m sure he would get) he would have us playing well again,good passing football 90% of the time beats the team who are trying to knock fuck out of you.

hate to say it but the scum have a manager who gets his teams passing and playing good football and feel de boer would do that for us.

PLG.

Anyways, I think it's irrelevant, I doubt he's coming.

Cheers :cheers:

4 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

I'm depressed enough mate !!

We all are mate, I am just trying to prepare myself for Murty until the end of the season. As Cushy says above as long as we can get 3rd or 4th the board will not worry about that probably. 

I should add I might have this wrong and Murty will be away in the morning, but I think I can cope better with telling myself he will not be leaving just at the moment. A rather stupid way of coping with this clusterfuck I suppose.

Archived