Rumours at this stage

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Siwel said:

You’ve obviously never heard of Walter Smith then if you think we don’t need a manager who is a rookie

Walter was assistant manager of a Dundee United side that won the league and got to a UEFA Cup final, everyone knew what a top coach he was and he’d also been to a World Cup as part of the Scotland staff, he was almost already undertaking managerial duties with Souness in what we’d call a head coach role.

he wasn’t a rookie.

Just now, JentleJames said:

Walter was assistant manager of a Dundee United side that won the league and got to a UEFA Cup final, everyone knew what a top coach he was and he’d also been to a World Cup as part of the Scotland staff, he was almost already undertaking managerial duties with Souness in what we’d call a head coach role.

he wasn’t a rookie.

Miller has been a coach with our under 20s for a while now

10 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I think the danger there is that we are the masters of false dawns, Murty had a belter of a false dawn in January and Feb and lured us into a false sense, imagine Miller does likewise, get's the job full-time off the back of it and we are in this same position again this time next year? we will lose maybe tens of thousands of fans/season ticket sales if it pans out like that and make no mistake, if that infomation is true and Miller does end up taking the reigns you can bet your house on these wanks in the boardroom hoping for a good 5-games so they can take the easy and cheap option and appoint him as manager. 

I cannot think of anything more repugnant.

This cannot happen.

Surely such a move would prompt a fan rebellion?

38 minutes ago, Siwel said:

I get this is a joke but why would we pay off Killie for Clarke and then allow a raffle winner to then be manager?

To release him for the start of next season.

And, yes, it’s a joke. Don’t overthink it ffs?

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

I cannot think of anything more repugnant.

This cannot happen.

Surely such a move would prompt a fan rebellion?

No chance mate, the fan rebellions are saved for when King and Mini need a hand with something not when they need held to account.

19 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

Ahh right. 

Start of the season we start with a manager then go to the U20’s manager then go to the vice captain Broxi will be next on the list. 

I heard broxi knocked it back(genuine)

12 minutes ago, Siwel said:

You’ve obviously never heard of Walter Smith then if you think we don’t need a manager who is a rookie

Walter was Rangers assistant Manager for a few years and had other coaching experience elsewhere - so not quite the same

1 minute ago, Bearsden bear said:

Walter was Rangers assistant Manager for a few years and had other coaching experience elsewhere - so not quite the same

Being an under 20s coach with us is better than assistant manager with Dundee, could argue Miller is more qualified than Walter 

Just now, Siwel said:

Being an under 20s coach with us is better than assistant manager with Dundee, could argue Miller is more qualified than Walter 

I’ve seen the 20s a number of times this season and Millers not been part of the coaching staff once ?? also that United team were one of the best in Europe, bullshit is coaching our 20s better than that.

5 minutes ago, ZZed said:

Miller in as manager, his wife does the tactics while he practice his pointing and blaming others. Sounds about right for this board to appoint him.

Its only took him a year to vanquish his competitors and get the manager's gig himself. He's played a blinder.

PEDRO BOX TICKED

MURTY BOX TICKED

This does not surprise me very much. I can imagine (if Murty is away) they asked Jimmy N to take over and he probably told them no way was he doing that, so they start to think who else can they turn to and someone remembers Kenny did coaching for the under 20s and bingo, another person given the job to take the heat from the people who made the fuck ups over the last two years appointing managers.

IF we do not have a new manager ready to go, no laughing at the back please, then they have to appoint someone to pick the team for the last five games. Shambles. 

1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

This does not surprise me very much. I can imagine (if Murty is away) they asked Jimmy N to take over and he probably told them no way was he doing that, so they start to think who else can they turn to and someone remembers Kenny did coaching for the under 20s and bingo, another person given the job to take the heat from the people who made the fuck ups over the last two years appointing managers.

IF we do not have a new manager ready to go, no laughing at the back please, then they have to appoint someone to pick the team for the last five games. Shambles. 

If this board appoints Miller until the end of the season because we have no one else because they don’t want it or the board have done the usual and are sitting there clueless as fuck then I can guarantee that almost every Rangers fan will not be laughing at the back but will be up the front openly crying.

Archived