Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

2 hours ago, JentleJames said:

Pedro Caixinha spoke as if he was as sure about everything he said as the sky was blue.

Means fuck all until you actually see how he manages people and builds a team, teams reflect the character of their manager and he has real character.

Exactly, we've had too many fine orators who have turned out to be eloquent bluffers. Talk is cheap, it's in their actions that they are judged. The time for fancy tactical jargon is long past. It's time for positive action and results.

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

This is a giant piss take isn't it? 

There's no fucking way that this is happening is there? 

Cunts are at it right? 

If it was any other club I’d of filed it right under shite. 

King being an absolute fuckin fanboy and giving his favourite player a job? Sounds about right.

3 hours ago, TheHammer_WATP said:

I hope to be proven wrong, the guy is a winner and I get the impression from the above that he won’t accept anything less than grit, fight and a drive to win. He would want the players putting everything on the line for him and that’s what we need.

I think he's seemed quite bored and passionless anytime he's not in a Liverpool shirt. I can't see him caring that much.

3 hours ago, TheHammer_WATP said:

https://youtu.be/iDSIyJUWQG4

He talks a good game. Makes good points. 

I just think that this could be yet another disaster if it happens. 

I hope to be proven wrong, the guy is a winner and I get the impression from the above that he won’t accept anything less than grit, fight and a drive to win. He would want the players putting everything on the line for him and that’s what we need.

On the flip side, can he handle the pressure up here, of winning every single game being a requirement, of stopping the scum, beating the scum, and treating them like scum. His playing career has set him up well, but how will he cope when ultimately the responsibility is his to bear?

I agree about him being a winner, I think that’s something we’ve really missed at the top and it’s filtered down to the players who think beating teams like hearts makes them superstars while it’s perfectly acceptable to be second to the taigs and to give up when we play them, hopefully Gerrard would change that attitude.

My worry would be his only experience is as u18’s manager, is he knowledgeable and experienced enough to be able to sort out our problems? Can he get us organised and solid at the back? 

Its a massive gamble from the board yet again and sadly I’ve got no faith in them getting it correct, hopefully I’m proved wrong!

With King's Liverpool connection and Stevie G beng a legend, he is not getting interviewed along with a load of others.

This deal has already been given the nod. It's a personal King deal and  imho barring a disaster, he will be Ibrox bound.

LBH, when you need a manager, you know who you want as your first choice and ŷou go for it. 

Haven't a fucking clue how goood he will do as a manager. If he turns out a success, then  it's back to Liverpool as the boss in a few years, as he still has legend status there. 

He is a big name and will sell ST's and attract new sponsorship etc. His name is big enough to help detox our brand I would say. Apart from King's love of Liverpool, I can see why he is an attractive proposition commercially. 

Hopefully he eminates the Souness era.

22 minutes ago, BOOTNECK-BEAR said:

ST renewal deadline is getting closer. There must be a lot of people still undecided.

You think this decision would help with this?

this is one almighty fucking gamble. Bigger than pedro

I was down the pub last night and asked someone what they thought of Steve Gerrard being the next Rangers manager.  They said you have to go in the lounge bar to talk about that.  Not really...that would be fucking stupid.

Archived