Bates

I hope we can bring in a decent replacement but as of now he is the best defender we have and as such should have been offered a contract befitting that position.

Good luck to him I hope he is a success and gets a regular game, our loss is Hamburg’s gain.

Our form changed as soon as he got injured in that game against the scum at Ibrox. We where winning 2-1 at the time if I recall than let in that soft goal and you know the rest. Been shite at the back since than and funny enough comes back in and does well. More important player than some give credit for and if he had a tan and his surname finished in a I or an O people would be raving about him.

17 minutes ago, MrMckee said:

Our form changed as soon as he got injured in that game against the scum at Ibrox. We where winning 2-1 at the time if I recall than let in that soft goal and you know the rest. Been shite at the back since than and funny enough comes back in and does well. More important player than some give credit for and if he had a tan and his surname finished in a I or an O people would be raving about him.

It was 1-1 when he got injured. He got injured trying to clean up Goss' mess by letting Rogic walk past him like a Pussy. Between that incident and his comeback at the weekend we've conceded 15 goals. Pathetic in truth. 

15 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

I have to say as much as I don’t mind Bates, lauding him as the saviour to our defensive problems is symptomatic of how much our club has fallen. He’s ok but without doubt he’s limited. The bottom line is he’s not Rangers quality, let’s not lose sight of what we should actually be aspiring to, rather than fall in line with the woeful ambition of our horrific board. 

Why is he not Rangers quality? People say that then don't have a decent answer as to why he isn't Rangers quality ? Even then, his progress since last season has been superb, I imagine he can only get better. 

56 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

We have lost sight of what a good defender looks like. We’ve shipped over 45 league goals this season and he’s been part of that 

stop kidding on ffs

Spot on. He is decent and has potential but no more. Cutting out the mediocrity that has infested our club is the first step in improving going forward. 

10 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Why is he not Rangers quality? People say that then don't have a decent answer as to why he isn't Rangers quality ? Even then, his progress since last season has been superb, I imagine he can only get better. 

We need better than Bates if we want to be number one again.

would of been good as a back up player next season.

people make out he’s the next gough in the making ?

3 minutes ago, don logan said:

Absolutely no way this is true. 

Think it is, his agent said, more to the point it is shocking he is our best defender, I had hopes for Alves and Cardoso.

2 minutes ago, Rupret said:

Think it is, his agent said, more to the point it is shocking he is our best defender, I had hopes for Alves and Cardoso.

FFS he was offered a good few grand a week that most of us would've jumped at. His agent wanted a lot more and Hamburg offered him even more. He's not good enough for us to get involved in a bidding war. Imagine the meltdown had we offered him £20k a week cause that's what it would have got to

1 minute ago, To Be A Ranger said:

FFS he was offered a good few grand a week that most of us would've jumped at. His agent wanted a lot more and Hamburg offered him even more. He's not good enough for us to get involved in a bidding war. Imagine the meltdown had we offered him £20k a week cause that's what it would have got to

We should have offered him a contract before Hamburg had a chance to. I don’t think it was all down to money for him if we had gave him a decent enough wage in comparison to what the rest of defenders are on then I think he would have stayed.

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

We’ll be able to get him back in January when he decides he wants to move back to Scotland because he can’t get into the Hamburg team.

By that time we will have had the defence sorted. If we get to Jan and want Bates back I'd bet Gerrard is out of a job

8 minutes ago, Rupret said:

It's shite. He wouldn't have needed to go all the way to Germany to better that.  About 4 teams in Scotland could trump it as could about half of League One in England.

1 minute ago, To Be A Ranger said:

By that time we will have had the defence sorted. If we get to Jan and want Bates back I'd bet Gerrard is out of a job

As part of this process we really need to get shot of that waste of space Martin. 

1 hour ago, Blue_Devil said:

No coincidence our good run of form ended with his injury. Solid. Not spectacular but solid. 

Should have been nailing Rogic, rather than being nailed by him.

I think we’re seeing the best of him & we can part wondering ‘what might have been’.

Wish him well, though, & I enjoyed the fact it was him, in his next to next to last game that nabbed the winner on Saturday.