Zenit St Petersberg v Rangers 10 years ago

I was in a pub in Aberdeen, Filthy McNasties it was called. What a rabid shit hole, remember one sheep shagging bastard with an Aberdeen top on with Zenit on the back. The sad fud had pre printed his top before the game, and was strutting around the pub like it his was sorry lot that had won the cup. Luckily for him, he was ejected - on the advice of the bar staff straight after the final whistle during to a large contingent of growling bears eyeing him.

Never thought I would see us in European cup final in my lifetime, doubt I will now again sadly.

5 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

I cried my eyes out after the game, I was 21 at the time and my pals and dad laughed at me. My excuse was I’d never see us in a European final again in my lifetime. I still think I’ll be proved right because of the shitty backwater of a country we play football in. 

Least we got to experience it mate.

If you had asked me during any of the years from 2000 onwards if I thought I would ever see it I would have said no, so you never know.

Wouldn't have said the cheating bastards Marseille would be in the final either, but they got there. 

If we ever do make it to final in Europe again I hope its held in Britain again

Probably one of the best and worst days in my life in equal measure. 

We just didn't show up, tactics debatable, had a couple of wee chances we never took - just a bad day at the office all round. 

Still not watched a re-run of any part of that game.

But 100% proud of my that whole European campaign with the exception of maybe Lyon at home we were both poor and outclassed and in equal measure.

39 minutes ago, Orange and Blue said:

A decade ago Rangers took on Zenit in the UEFA cup final in City of Manchester stadium. Can't believe it was 10 years ago:wow: Unfortunatley i couldn't attend because the wife was due dropping the wane, So i watched on the TV. Where were yous that night bears and bearettes?

How old is yer wean? 

A crazy season overall 68 matches I managed to get to 50 of them including the three finals and last game at pittodrie ..... what could have been that season feeling ... never mind the players I was fucking knackered by the end of it .... I will never forgive the SFA for how they handled our run in... it's likely the last European final a Scottish team will get to in our lifetime ... scunnered by the end of it but proud of my club never the less....