Greg Docherty to go out on loan

islandblue

1 hour ago, LegendofCoop said:

Mental! Looked a steal when we first bought him. Would much rather see him get a run in the side at CM than Jack or Dorrans (when fit)

Pretty much agree, he isn't amazing but I think he is a decent player who can go from box to box.

I'm hoping the loan isn't a way of getting rid of him as he could go on to be a good player.

1 hour ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Astonishing - definitely one of our most enthusiastic players. 

1 hour ago, Lord Lockin said:

So that's what it takes to play with Rangers now a days 

37 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

What it means, is that most others are not enthusiastic. 

24 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

?? ask you again if your enthusiastic does that entitle you to play for Rangers

Trying to be clever LL. Rather attempt to pick on someone who's not. 

Where's your "?" in the first instance.

And "enthusiasm" not "enthusiastic". 

Choobe.

I've seen some big name signings take over a season to show what they've got , so I think we are being a wee bit harsh on a  player thats come in to a struggling team and expected to perform at a young age . 

There's no doubting there is competition in the midfield , but I'd certainly have him on the bench ahead of Halliday . 

He was signed by a manager who came from the development coaching staff, who would have an eye for seeing potential in players (of which I think he has) but potential has to be nurtured and that wont happen stuck on the bench imo. Good move for both, he will come back a better player for more game time. Time will tell if he can reach the first team but he has that, as we signed him for 4 and a half years 

I think it is a good decision and hopefully Docherty’s head doesn’t go down. 

I think he has potential but he’s tried too hard and at times looked overawed playing for us. I think he’s a better player than he’s shown for us, but his form doesn’t justify a regular starting slot in our side. 

It is better he goes and plays regularly in a competitive league and builds his form and confidence. He is someone I’d like to see do well and come back to us but being a fan shouldn’t guarantee a place in our side. Who knows what will happen but hopefully he kicks on.

27 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Trying to be clever LL. Rather attempt to pick on someone who's not. 

Where's your "?" in the first instance.

And "enthusiasm" not "enthusiastic". 

Choobe.

????? do you think I've been too  enthusiastic with the ? or just shown enough enthusiasm 

Like I said in the other thread in the transfer section it’s only going to be beneficial if he goes somewhere that challenges him to become a better player. A loan move to an environment he’s familiar with like St Johnstone or Dundee does nobody any favours. He’d probably learn more playing U23 football for a European academy side.

10 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Like I said in the other thread in the transfer section it’s only going to be beneficial if he goes somewhere that challenges him to become a better player. A loan move to an environment he’s familiar with like St Johnstone or Dundee does nobody any favours. He’d probably learn more playing U23 football for a European academy side.

Sunderland is a possibility, according to the evening times.

2 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Jack, McCrorie, Arfield, Coulibaly, Dorrans, Rossiter, Ejaria and possibly another new face are all ahead of him. I'm still a little surprised by this however.

Translates as Shit, shit recently, injured, unknown, finished, made of glass and potential to be good.