Officialdom Conspiracy?

Its about time that VAR was brought into Scottish Football.  There is no way whatsoever in this backwater that there will ever be total impartiality with refs in our game.  There will always be refs that wither they admit it or not,, will always be more one way or another, even if its unconscious or not.

By bringing VAR in,, it would at the very least prevent some of these blatant mistakes from going unchallenged,,, and costing points that could make or break a season,,,, fuck just rescinding mistakes after, points are points.   

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, stevotrueblue said:

Its about time that VAR was brought into Scottish Football.  There is no way whatsoever in this backwater that there will ever be total impartiality with refs in our game.  There will always be refs that wither they admit it or not,, will always be more one way or another, even if its unconscious or not.

By bringing VAR in,, it would at the very least prevent some of these blatant mistakes from going unchallenged,,, and costing points that could make or break a season,,,, fuck just rescinding mistakes after, points are points.   

the guys behind VAR will just be papes anyway it is the way they work, it wouldn't change shit.

4 minutes ago, Malvern said:

the guys behind VAR will just be papes anyway it is the way they work, it wouldn't change shit.

I get that anything 50/50 would most likely still go that way.  A lot will always go down to interpretation , we saw that in the WC as well.  But the blatant ones like yesterday couldn't.  There no way anyone could look at the ball clearly over the line from all angles , in slow motion and then still say no,,, they would get called on it.  Same the other week,, the excuse the linesman gave for nothing given against the Aberdeen defender on Morelos was, he never saw it.  At least instances like that would be no more. 

3 minutes ago, stevotrueblue said:

I get that anything 50/50 would most likely still go that way.  A lot will always go down to interpretation , we saw that in the WC as well.  But the blatant ones like yesterday couldn't.  There no way anyone could look at the ball clearly over the line from all angles , in slow motion and then still say no,,, they would get called on it.  Same the other week,, the excuse the linesman gave for nothing given against the Aberdeen defender on Morelos was, he never saw it.  At least instances like that would be no more. 

No chance they will implement VAR anytime soon in Scotland, for one itll be to much of a costly excercise for most clubs, they should how ever have goal line technology as a minimum like in the EPL were the refs watch goes off if it has crossed.

I'll start with the Compliance Officer decision not to charge the Motherwell captain and scorer with disrepute charges. Shocking but expected, laughing at injured players suffering from a broken nose is now fair game. Could actually only be compounded by them looking at it and banning him now, after we've played them, and this genuinely wouldn't surprise me.

Today, imo Craig Thomson had a typical performance for him. Credit for trying to keep game moving, but ignoring some blatant fouls. Lacked consistency for booking a Rangers player for failing to retreat at a free kick whilst Motherwell player warned. Warned Motherwell forward about fouling committed but didn't book despite around double digit fouls committed.

That said, imo he didn't have any key contentious decisions which impacted on result.

Score still stands at 6 key decisions against, none for, a red rescinded and a compliance officer laughing at our players getting injured too probably.

6 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I'll start with the Compliance Officer decision not to charge the Motherwell captain and scorer with disrepute charges. Shocking but expected, laughing at injured players suffering from a broken nose is now fair game. 

Today, imo Craig Thomson had a typical performance for him. Credit for trying to keep game moving, but ignoring some blatant fouls. Lacked consistency for booking a Rangers player for failing to retreat at a free kick whilst Motherwell player warned. Warned Motherwell forward about fouling committed but didn't book despite around double digit fouls committed.

That said, imo he didn't have any key contentious decisions which impacted on result.

Score still stands at 6 key decisions against, none for, a red rescinded and a compliance officer laughing at our players getting injured too probably.

Good points, my only disagreement is that because he did not book some of their players in the first half when he should have meant they still had 11 on the park later in the game when it could well have been 10 or 9.  Not major decisions individually but still helping them in the long run. 

3 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Good points, my only disagreement is that because he did not book some of their players in the first half when he should have meant they still had 11 on the park later in the game when it could well have been 10 or 9.  Not major decisions individually but still helping them in the long run. 

Won't disagree with that, just trying to keep it in my post #1 to the key contentious ones.

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I'll start with the Compliance Officer decision not to charge the Motherwell captain and scorer with disrepute charges. Shocking but expected, laughing at injured players suffering from a broken nose is now fair game. 

As I was working I could not pay attention 100% to the game but from the start and the bits I did see i wasn't too unhappy with the ref, not sure about the other officials and HUGE amounts of the second half I could not see. From what I did see he was happy enough to pull up players for a foul and have a word but if I have to give a percentage of the game I saw it was about 60-65% So I could be talking out of my arse to others views.

On 05/08/2018 at 13:33, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

For dodgy / debateable/ game changing / laws wrongly enforced type decisions......

I'm glad someone is tracking refs decisions this season, keep up the good work. :tu:

Imho, Motherwell should have been down to 10 men after manhandling Mcgregor

Not the worst from Thompson yesterday  He is the cleverest of them all.His style yesterday was lenient and calm as he knew Well would be physical.

No drama and running  up to players yesterday like he does in many other games 

Watch this change if he gets an OF game or he's in charge for us v Sheep or Hearts away  

Thankfully it's the bastards last season 

Detest him more that anyone 

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

Not the worst from Thompson yesterday  He is the cleverest of them all.His style yesterday was lenient and calm as he knew Well would be physical.

No drama and running  up to players yesterday like he does in many other games 

Watch this change if he gets an OF game or he's in charge for us v Sheep or Hearts away  

Thankfully it's the bastards last season 

Detest him more that anyone 

I really thought he was retiring at the end of last season and could not believe it when I saw his name.

For me, he is the most corrupt official I’ve seen in fifty years of following Rangers although yesterday the only assistance he could give our opponents was to allow brutality time after time.

Motherwell are a disgraceful team, lacking in class in every department. Their former captain, Craigan, crossed the line a few times in his comments showing that, not only is class permanent, clearly a lack of class is permanent too.

A fixture list which has sent Rangers and our new management team to Rugby Park, Pittodrie, Fir Park and the Glitterdome this early in the season while coping with eight Europa League ties, is of course, completely random.

21 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

A fixture list which has sent Rangers and our new management team to Rugby Park, Pittodrie, Fir Park and the Glitterdome this early in the season while coping with eight Europa League ties, is of course, completely random.

As random as a Japanese end of season (before the season finishes) tour!!

9 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I said at the time the speedy apology was only to reduce punishment. 

dealt with disciplinary matters at LOCAL sports leagues before and this is common.

and with our piss poor  PROFESSIONAL set up it was always going happen 

SWEEP SWEEP 

On 20/08/2018 at 12:34, ForeverAndEver said:

Wonder if the Tarriers have threads like this after the Partick player not getting sent off

Never watch their games or go on their forums so wouldn't have a clue and couldn't care less

Didnt even know they played Thistle

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Fourth official screaming "foul, foul" in Gollums ear, he ignores it they go up the pitch and score. 

Hide contents

Paranoid Protestants 

I tagged u in other post.

Any vid of this?

3 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Fourth official screaming "foul, foul" in Gollums ear, he ignores it they go up the pitch and score. 

Reveal hidden contents

Paranoid Protestants 

Not yet seen the interview but if true then about time. Gerrard needs to get in touch with media pundits he knows down south and show them what’s what with these cheating bastards.

Archived