Alfredo

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Morelos cannot be allowed to go anywhere this summer. He is absolutely critical to us winning the league. 

I just hope Gerrard can convince him to give us one more season. He is the difference between them winning the league and us winning it IMO.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Started poorly, showed raw quality with that burst of pace and touch near union bears, then got an excellent hat trick. Still don't think he played particularly well tonight but by fuck I hope he stays one season more.

Do you not think that was because we weren't getting the ball to him in the first half ?   I felt we were playing across the pitch too much in the first half , whereas we were more direct the second half which suited him more . 

1 minute ago, gmcf said:

Do you not think that was because we weren't getting the ball to him in the first half ?   I felt we were playing across the pitch too much in the first half , whereas we were more direct the second half which suited him more . 

Defo to an extent. Just didnt think he was particularly good overall but I'll take it if he still scores a hat trick.

9 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Started poorly, showed raw quality with that burst of pace and touch near union bears, then got an excellent hat trick. Still don't think he played particularly well tonight but by fuck I hope he stays one season more.

Thought he looked a bit slow, until the burst of pace you mention, nothing was coming off for him until his goal.

13 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

That burst of pace and cut back to Hastie was an eye opener. I thought for sure it was heading over the bye line.

1 hour ago, Finny said:

Love the wee man and will be gutted when he eventually does go but there is something about him and the rest of the team.

I dont know if it's a culture thing or not but when he scores it's like he doesn't want to celebrate with the rest of the team. Then you look at the celebrations around Defoe's goal and its night and day. I was also watching Kent's highlights during the week and everytime someone else scored he looked genuinely pissed off. Maybe that's what makes him the striker he is but I think something isn't sitting right with him. 

Hopefully he stays for 55 as he will be hard to replace but he is a right wee moaney fucker. 

Absolute rubbish. He does his own immediate celebration, like most players do, and then the whole team are over with him. Pretty much every time. 

There is no way we will get a better striker/ front man/ link up man than Morelos after he leaves, unless we are very fucking lucky.  For all his faults, which i believe he can overcome, the contribution he makes when he is on form is the difference between us competing and winning.  He gets better and better and he can/ will be the difference if he stays.

6 hours ago, Essandoh said:

No Morelos. No Goals. No Title.

He scored a hat trick and he was having a quiet game!

You can also see goals will also be coming from other quarters. Much better  movement from the players.

1+1=3 this term!

He stays his goal tally rockets and we take this title by some margin.

He goes, we still take that title.

We are defo a different prospect this term.

Too much pressure being put on the lad. Let him do his job and it will all come naturally. Thought he looked quite relaxed last night and he scores 3. Thought the link up between the players was fantastic and he is at the end of it. Others doing more of the work and he hangs around that box, he scores a barrowload.  Much better tactic than him having to do most of the work and bursting his arse and then snatching at the ball and he only scores 30! Last season he worked hard for his goals. This time he wont need to and he will score more.

Easily on his way to 40 this season. A mouth watering prospect, but the  downside is, he goes at the end of it.

We played against a very limited side of course, but lbh, outwith the scum, the rest here are pretty much dross. These new additions are defo a step up and great individual competition for places. FFS, Halliday is obviously eating raw meat and put in an unbelievable performance when he could have cruised through that game. I seriously doubt we will see the lapses and slip ups of last season. These new players defo have the quality to beat the rest of the shite in this league and Gerrard is defo having us set up better with the players clicking on to it.

The ingredients look to be right for a title 

Archived