SFA to boycott Gazzas hall of fame dinner

.Williamson.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 13/10/2018 at 19:20, Bears r us said:

Not sure if this has been posted and probably do no good but is something we can at least try:

https://www.change.org/p/friends-help-paul-gascoigne-enter-hall-of-fame?recruiter=11558573

Disappointing. This should be up at 50k minimum. Still too many of our fans are in the turn the other cheek, as long as it's not in my backyard camp.

8 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Disappointing. This should be up at 50k minimum. Still too many of our fans are in the turn the other cheek, as long as it's not in my backyard camp.

I'm not signing it and it's not turning the other cheek. I don't want him anywhere near it now.

On 13/10/2018 at 19:20, Bears r us said:

Not sure if this has been posted and probably do no good but is something we can at least try:

https://www.change.org/p/friends-help-paul-gascoigne-enter-hall-of-fame?recruiter=11558573

?

Signed this petition last night Bud ..... Just checked again and it is past 17K .... so well worth a try as it is only 8K from it's target of 25K ... thanks for the heads up mate.

PS :- Not sure where this petition will go now that Gazza has basically told them to fuck off ..... can't blame him at all ... but feel it has let these animals responsible for this debacle off the hook for their atrociously blatant bigoted behaviour.

Cunts everyone of them and they deserve to be named and shamed for the ridiculous excuses they have used to deny him a place in Scottish football history .... a place where he brought the level of the game to one of it's highest levels with his exciting undeniable football skills.

But well done to all those Rangers fans who signed up to show their support for Gazza for the disgusting way he has been treated up here ... and he has recognised this in his online message to us who love him ...flaws and all.

:UK:

Nomination guideline

The committee of the Scottish Football Hall of Fame will consider nominees who meet the following criteria…

1)      Players recognised as being Scottish (in compliance with FIFA’s international guidelines on eligibility) once they have retired from the game.

2)      Non Scottish players who have made a significant contribution to Scottish football and who have since finished playing in Scotland.

3)      Managers recognised as being Scottish who are deemed to have spent a reasonable length of time in their chosen field.

4)      Non Scottish managers who have made a significant contribution to Scottish football and who are deemed to have spent a reasonable length of time in their chosen field.

5)      Officials recognised as being Scottish who are deemed to have spent a reasonable length of time in their chosen field.

6)      Non Scottish officials who have made a significant contribution to Scottish football and who are deemed to have spent a reasonable length of time in their chosen field.

Gazza clearly meets criteria 2.

The decision to retract his nomination? Integritymyarse.

22 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

?

Signed this petition last night Bud ..... Just checked again and it is past 17K .... so well worth a try as it is only 6K from it's target of 25K ... thanks for the heads up mate.

:UK:

Poor maths mate

Interesting that they're growing in confidence and now actively targeting us in any way they can. Not even really hiding it anymore. This kind of thing is going to continue to happen and it will do more frequently. 

5 minutes ago, bluedylan said:

fair play to Kris Commons who states in the Daily Mail how Gazza was treated is appalling...Kris will now need a glazier

Fellow professional footballers will be disgusted but hacks in the media won't be as they get too spout more biased bullshit.

3 hours ago, Jeffrey said:

I'm not signing it and it's not turning the other cheek. I don't want him anywhere near it now.

I don’t want him near it either mate. I signed only because more voices the better. Just think being quiet plays in those bastards hands. We need to be heard. 

18 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

It would be wonderful if one or more of our players that are in there now would ask to be removed. Some statement that would be  to  the fuckers. 

I agree with you mate, but most footballers are selfish bastards and only concerned about their own little corner of the world.

2 hours ago, Gman36 said:

Interesting that they're growing in confidence and now actively targeting us in any way they can. Not even really hiding it anymore. This kind of thing is going to continue to happen and it will do more frequently. 

SG has bought King and the board  all the leeway they will need 

As long as we have their dignified silence pish ,expect more and more 

It used to bother me more but the apathy world champions is what we do best 

Archived