Staying onside

.Williamson.

This is another issue that I feel needs addressed.

Our forwards seem to have a real problem with being able to stay in line with the last defender. Morelos is horrfic for it and yesterday evening Sadiq was doing my head in with how often he just floated around behind their defence.

5 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Our forwards seem to have a real problem with being able to stay in line with the last defender. Morelos is horrfic for it and yesterday evening Sadiq was doing my head in with how often he just floated around behind their defence.

?I've no issue with someone taking the odd gamble, but as a pro footballer who plays as forward this is a basic that should have been learned and honed by now.

ive no idea if he was on or offside, most of the time, because BT chose not to show a replay.

I've no idea, if it was penalty or not, in the first half, because at half time BT decided not to mention it and instead decided to show replay, after replay of a non-incident re McGregor.

In short a rabid shithole of anti-RFC sentiment drove the narrative, leaving me unable to be sure that sidque was actually offside, every time he was flagged offside.

3 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

?I've no issue with someone taking the odd gamble, but as a pro footballer who plays as forward this is a basic that should have been learned and honed by now.

A lot of great strikers get caught offside a lot it’s (usually) because they’re consistently trying to get in behind the opponent. 

3 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Sadiq was brutal at staying onside yesterday. Morelos used to be bad for getting caught offside as well but I feel he has really improved since the horrible offside he had in Europe against Maribor (I think).

This.

Morelos actually has improved but he does still get caught offside more often than I’d like.

Sadiq seemed to really lack a basic awareness of the rule itself now I don’t condone Gerrard for putting him in the team but Sadiq is not even Scottish championship level from what I’ve seen either from the development squad games or this game.

The offside rule is one of the first rules you have to learn in football. Schoolboy stuff. Amazes me how professionals who have been playing for years still repeatedly get caught offside. You get caught with the occasional close one, but getting flagged multiple times in a game is just not on! 

15 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Sadiq came on against Killie and was caught offside 4 times in a 10minute cameo....yesterday he got caught 3 times in the 1st half whilst us getting into a good position, if a centre forward can't look across the line when supposedly leading it then his number is up.

3 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Sadiq is clearly a simpleton.

Absolute joke of a footballer and quite frankly it’s embarrasing that he plays for us.

He's an absolute idiot. His default starting position is genuinely about 10 yards behind the last defender.

Not a major issue for me. Of course shouldn’t happen all the time but shows he’s playing on the shoulder and looking to get behind.

Van Nistelrooy and Filipo Inzaghi 2 of the greatest goal scorers were constantly offside during their games.

Have a word with Kent and Ejaria to release the ball quicker rather than taking 10 extra unnecessary touches.

3 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Not a major issue for me. Of course shouldn’t happen all the time but shows he’s playing on the shoulder and looking to get behind.

Van Nistelrooy and Filipo Inzaghi 2 of the greatest goal scorers were constantly offside during their games.

Have a word with Kent and Ejaria to release the ball quicker rather than taking 10 extra unnecessary touches.

Are you actually blind? 

He wasn’t playing on the shoulder he starting from a few yards off most of the time.

4 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Morelos has improved - gerrard was actually shouting at sadiq to give himself a yard as he has the pace. Its unreal the same shouts you get on a sunday morning down the park are being said to a pro footballer.

And yet he still played 90 mins! I don’t think Sadiq was as bad as people were making out but Grezda should’ve come on when it was obvious it wasn’t working.

31 minutes ago, Siwel said:

A lot of great strikers get caught offside a lot it’s (usually) because they’re consistently trying to get in behind the opponent. 

Yeah but the gamble is about being aware and not getting it timed quite right. With Morelos a while back and Sadiq yesterday it was lack of awareness and being inept that was the issue. Yesterdag he wasn't even looking at the line etc, he was like a daftboy chasing a ball down the park.

2 hours ago, thehost said:

ive no idea if he was on or offside, most of the time, because BT chose not to show a replay.

I've no idea, if it was penalty or not, in the first half, because at half time BT decided not to mention it and instead decided to show replay, after replay of a non-incident re McGregor.

In short a rabid shithole of anti-RFC sentiment drove the narrative, leaving me unable to be sure that sidque was actually offside, every time he was flagged offside.

Much as it pains me, the officials got it right with most of yesterday's decisions, Sadiq was almost always in an offside position and then the dive in the box.......

Fucking useless cunt. Whoever looked at him and said 'he's a decent prospect must have been pissed.'

Morelos plays the percentage game and gets caught sometimes, other times he gets off the mark and has a chance, but all strikers get caught offside just not every time they get the ball in their direction. 

Sadiq - donkey who is best forgotten about.

Morelos - as most forwards do starts his run in anticipation of a quick ball, too often our midfield is far too slow in releasing the pass thru either having no vision, wanting an extra touch or both.  Needs to be worked on at the training ground.