G.E.C.

***The Official Spartak Moscow v Rangers Thread***

5 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

If we lose next game . We are out . Is this right 

Only if Spartak beat Rapid I believe.

3 minutes ago, gogzy said:

He made a mistake.  Every single player makes them.

Goldson is not a liability, I don't believe I'm actually even arguing this.

He gambled and it backfired. It happens.

Their defender had a similar one that could have easily ended up beating his keeper at the near post and it went narrowly wide instead. It's the chance you take and I wouldn't slate him for that alone.

Overall that's been one of his worst games for us though.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, scott12003 said:

We have a manager who was one of the best midfielders in the world

His assistant was one of the best midfielders this country has produced

How the fuck can they not see our midfield has no shape no discipline can't tackle and can't pick out a killer pass and change it!

Baffling performance from the top down

I know that bewilders me, 2 great midfielders as manager and assistant and we are so crap in that position. 

17 minutes ago, kaiser1041 said:

He’s a fucking animal at set pieces 

Used to have him in my Fantasy team and he got me so many points!!!

11 minutes ago, WATPWATP said:

for people blaming the players,just remember who picks them and them and then watches them during the match,has chance to right the wrongs but just stands there.

And who signed most of them 👀 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

What has happened the last few seasons has got nothing to do with this team. I really wish folk would give that a rest, when does aye but look where we were a few seasons ago not be an excuse anymore. 

Because chopping and changing the manager and the whole team every season doesn't work. Players take time to settle. How long did it take for Man City to come together to be good enough to start winning things after their take over? It wasn't right away. 

Clearly our defence needs work but I'm not going to take a game in Europe at a level we've not been at for years as an example of how pish we are. League form is better but we've scored the 2nd most goals and only 2 teams have conceded less goals. We're no where near as bad as some would think.

We are going nowhere with this squad, Tav should never be captain, get it fuckin sorted SG

1 minute ago, whatnobeer said:

Poor defensively but they'd rip most SPL teams. Don't but into the narrative that they're a poor team. They're not. 

Agreed. They are in a bit of turmoil atm but that doesn't mean they are shite. A good few of their players are top class. Sometimes a wee bit of quality makes all the difference.

1 minute ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Can't believe we are a full point off top spot in our European league adventure after 4 games, we're getting nowhere, just knock down Ibrox and we'll start again in a few years. 

Don't even bother Newcoing this time, I'm alway to support Shettleston Juniors.

9 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

If we lose next game . We are out . Is this right 

Can't be.  There's only two points bewteen 1st and last in the group and we still have two games to play.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Maybe, Bochetti for kicking the ball away as well

Yes

No

Not saying it was a penalty but if their player doesn't go down as theatrically as he did then I think most refs would buy that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Can't believe we are a full point off top spot in our European league adventure after 4 games, we're getting nowhere, just knock down Ibrox and we'll start again in a few years. 

:lol:

A few months ago it would've seemed unbelievable, but when we get ourselves in a great position like tonight and fuck it up it's hard to take.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bluedylan said:

maybe because he has the funds only to go into the bargain basement 

I'm sorry mate but even the shitest of players can be coached to play a system and certainly we are not

Played pish, managed to score 3 goals (should have been 4) and nearly got a draw, should have beaten them at Ibrox.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BlueboyG said:

We are going nowhere with this squad, Tav should never be captain, get it fuckin sorted SG

Pish

Just now, gogzy said:

Can't be.  There's only two points bewteen 1st and last in the group and we still have two games to play.

Villarreal would be 4 clear of us and Spartak would be 3 clear with a better head to head if they beat Rapid.

8 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Its fuckin soul destroying that 4th goal should've stood. Fwiw I don't think we played bad we did deserve a point.

Win v at Ibrox next time out and were in a fantastic position

We will most likely need to win both our remaining games

17 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

But it still isn't the referees fault. The guy who raised the flag was to blame not the ref

Splitting hairs on that argument.

Referees have the power to overrule the assistant.

Still a poor decision. 

Just now, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Villarreal would be 4 clear of us and Spartak would be 3 clear with a better head to head if they beat Rapid.

Aye If Villarreal beat us and Spartak win then the group is done  and we are oot

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

Pish

Your usual posting are we talking here ? It's normally utter pish, if you had your way we would have that cunt McInnes as our gaffer.

2 minutes ago, gogzy said:

We had to get something from tonight. If its down to us and rapid to go through based on tonights performance and from what I seen from rapid we won't beat them

4 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

12 games played. 1 defeat away from home in a country that is notoriously difficult to get a result in and some in here have the pitchforks out. RM is madness sometimes. 😂

6 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

There’s no point in looking for excuses, we were winning at HT, their boss had a word and changed things, don’t know what our boss did, he must have expected them to have a real go and didn’t seem to change things.

He doesn’t seem able to change a game with a half time rant (that’s if he gave one). We were still a shambles in the first half but then even more so in the second !