Ross McCrorie what’s the script here?

CoatbridgeBear

4 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Decent, but we’re not winning titles with him starting. 

Physical, works hard - lacks passing ability and positional sense to oust the likes of Jack. 

He’s young and can improve those things, he’ll be in title winning sides for us in the future. No doubt.

Disappointed he hasn’t played more this season but that’s the ruthless nature of having a much better squad. 

Gerrard does rate him highly but if he isn’t likely to see first team football a loan move maybe not the worst move second half of the season as long as it’s at a good level. 

2 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

No you're right, sat on the bench or in the stand instead of starting matches is not regressing, i.e. going backwards, at all. Silly me.

Could be one of those that gets better, the longer he spends out of the team......

33 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Disappointed he hasn’t played more this season but that’s the ruthless nature of having a much better squad. 

Gerrard does rate him highly but if he isn’t likely to see first team football a loan move maybe not the worst move second half of the season as long as it’s at a good level. 

He doesn't really rate him highly, does he?

6 minutes ago, gsa said:

He doesn't really rate him highly, does he?

He does aye. Well he did at the start of the season anyway & doubt much has changed. He gave Ross the number 17 jersey because that was the number Gerrard wore when he broke through at Liverpool around the same age. Also told him he would be the captain of Rangers in a few years time.

Thought he was the best player on the park until he got sent off. Hasn't been able to force his way back in since then. 

Which then raises the question about Candeias. It wasn't his fault he lost his place, but Grezda comes in a scores a couple of goals. So what happens in the next game? Especially if Grezda has a couple of crackers for his national team. Does Candeias get his place back or does he have to wait for someone to lose form in a position he can play before he gets a start again? 

43 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

He does aye. Well he did at the start of the season anyway & doubt much has changed. He gave Ross the number 17 jersey because that was the number Gerrard wore when he broke through at Liverpool around the same age. Also told him he would be the captain of Rangers in a few years time.

So he rates him highly but not highly enough to ever start him and lately, not highly enough to even be on the bench.

6 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Ryan Jack’s best games came with McCrorie in the team

I will have to take your word for it mate!

McCrorie only made his debut mid September (at CB) and Ryan Jack got injured in December, there would only have been half a dozen games where they both played in the same team but I suppose they could have been the best games Jack has played?

2 hours ago, Del said:

I will have to take your word for it mate!

McCrorie only made his debut mid September (at CB) and Ryan Jack got injured in December, there would only have been half a dozen games where they both played in the same team but I suppose they could have been the best games Jack has played?

The diamond formation with the double header against the sheep last december the 2 played in midfield and tbh they were jacks 2 best games for us last season.

10 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Young lad, integral part of the squad, getting bench / game time and yet many folk got a downer on him and writing him off! Place is continually mental! 

He’s not. That’s the point. 

I wonder if you even go to / watch our games...

Just now, graeme_4 said:

He’s not. That’s the point. 

I wonder if you even go to / watch our games...

He’s getting game time just not recently but the fact he is on our bench shows he’s an integral part of the squad and he’s just a young lad - but folk just want to see issues where none really exist. Suddenly he’s regressed, got worse, never going to make it etc etc 

Liked him when played as a defensive midfielder but just now I wouldn't play him before Ryan Jack, plus we've got Rossiter coming back. Still think he could have a role to play but it's difficult to see him being a regular starter at present.