SG straight up the tunnel?

scottyc06

3 minutes ago, gsa said:

I'd like to agree but I genuinely don't think we have improved massively. The only difference is the cult of Gerrard. Still bullied but poor SPL teams, haven't managed to beat Aberdeen or celtic in 4 attempts, we go huge periods of games without even a shot a goal, out of the cup, level with Kilmarnock in league. Loan signings extremely poor, Grezda and Katic who you'd expect to be mainstays given we actually paid fees for them, can't get in the team and on top of all that we play some hideously negative, unattractive football.

I'm not being a prick for the sake of it, I just really can't see why people think we've made these great improvements.

Couldn't agree more. Like Gerrard as a person and he talks a good game but think alot of the fans are caught up with a 'celebrity' manager

Signings have been poor, performances for months now have been poor & the stats show we're no better than we were last year. 

5 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Gerrard has been doing it right up until last night

We lose and the fans don't matter then?

Doesn’t really answer my question. 

If Walter was pissed off with a performance or upset we’d not progressed in Europe I don’t think he would’ve been out on the pitch applauding.

I take your point about Gerrard having done it other nights but he’s a winner and was clearly not happy about us going through - I don’t think there is anything to really applaud about that. 

I’m out in Vienna and I’ve certainly not taken any insult from it. 

5 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Doesn’t really answer my question. 

If Walter was pissed off with a performance or upset we’d not progressed in Europe I don’t think he would’ve been out on the pitch applauding.

I take your point about Gerrard having done it other nights but he’s a winner and was clearly not happy about us going through - I don’t think there is anything to really applaud about that. 

I’m out in Vienna and I’ve certainly not taken any insult from it. 

Good post. 

3 hours ago, Valance1690 said:

Couldn't agree more. Like Gerrard as a person and he talks a good game but think alot of the fans are caught up with a 'celebrity' manager

Signings have been poor, performances for months now have been poor & the stats show we're no better than we were last year. 

Which stats?

4 hours ago, gsa said:

I'd like to agree but I genuinely don't think we have improved massively. The only difference is the cult of Gerrard. Still bullied by poor SPL teams, haven't managed to beat Aberdeen or celtic in 4 attempts, we go huge periods of games without even a shot a goal, out of the cup, level with Kilmarnock in league. Loan signings extremely poor, Grezda and Katic who you'd expect to be mainstays given we actually paid fees for them, can't get in the team and on top of all that we play some hideously negative, unattractive football.

I'm not being a prick for the sake of it, I just really can't see why people think we've made these great improvements.

I think Warburton's style of football was better to watch than anything I've seen from Gerrard although like Gerrard's team it was flawed as well.    

Gerrard's learning to be a manager some can't separate the player from the manager and are not being honest in their assessment of him.

4 hours ago, gsa said:

I'd like to agree but I genuinely don't think we have improved massively. The only difference is the cult of Gerrard. Still bullied by poor SPL teams, haven't managed to beat Aberdeen or celtic in 4 attempts, we go huge periods of games without even a shot a goal, out of the cup, level with Kilmarnock in league. Loan signings extremely poor, Grezda and Katic who you'd expect to be mainstays given we actually paid fees for them, can't get in the team and on top of all that we play some hideously negative, unattractive football.

I thought we had improved substantially but I think we're going backwards at a rate of knots and the next few weeks has a high chance of seeing us implode and the season crumbling.

4 hours ago, Valance1690 said:

Personally think that’s harsh - we went through a spell there where we were scoring plenty and conceding very little The improvements versus last year are vast. 

Lost 3 league games (never by more than a goal - although little consolation) and very few from many European games.

We are a whisker (and a offside call) from qualifying to knockouts and two points behind in league. 

Im not saying I have no concerns but the progress (ideal word) since last year are significant. 

The relaity is the Managers is going to need time. Considering what he inherited a matter of months ago what is realistic? 

The pride felt v Villarreal with 10 men, 7 past Motherwell, Tynecastle, going top of league...no progress?

Just now, markem said:

Personally think that’s harsh - we went through a spell there where we were scoring plenty and conceding very little The improvements versus last year are vast. 

Lost 3 league games (never by more than a goal - although little consolation) and very few from many European games.

We are a whisker from qualifying to knockouts and two points behind in league. 

Im not saying I have no concerns but the progress (ideal word) since last year are significant. 

The relaity is the Managers is going to need time. Considering what he inherited a matter of months ago what is realistic? 

The Manager is going to get time as we cannot afford to pay another manager and backroom team off. We have to back Gerrard.

4 minutes ago, Smile said:

The Manager is going to get time as we cannot afford to pay another manager and backroom team off. We have to back Gerrard.

Indeed, personally though I’m bewildered that anyone can’t see the progress - I think we’ve took significant steps in the right direction. 

Just now, The Dude said:

So we're just picking some stats which come closest to suiting the point rather than the entire season so far?

You asked what stats I thought you genuinely didn't know that in the league and cup there's be very little improvement.  

Just now, Smile said:

You asked what stats I thought you genuinely didn't know that in the league and cup there's be very little improvement.  

And again, that isn't the whole season. We can't claim there's been no improvement and disregard more than a third of the games we've played this season because it doesn't suit.

1 minute ago, markem said:

Indeed, personally though I’m bewildered that anyone can’t see the progress - I think we’ve took significant steps in the right direction. 

I never wanted Gerrard as manager he was a commercial decision by a board on its arse with the McInnes and Murty situation, we have to back him now he's here and we can't afford to pay him and his team off. 

We did well in Europe better than expected but in the league, we are still making the same mistakes as last season, Our squad has a mental weakness about them when pressured.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

And again, that isn't the whole season. We can't claim there's been no improvement and disregard more than a third of the games we've played this season because it doesn't suit.

There's been an improvement in European games we are just as shite in the league, the stats you asked for back that up.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

I never wanted Gerrard as manager he was a commercial decision by a board on its arse with the McInnes and Murty situation, we have to back him now he's here and we can't afford to pay him and his team off. 

We did well in Europe better than expected but in the league, we are still making the same mistakes as last season, Our squad has a mental weakness about them when pressured.

I share some of your concerns but you are using the words’ have to back him’ - I want to and do back him and base that on progress made. 

As much as instant success is what I want and legacy issues to vanish it’s not realistic, I want to see significant progress and I am. 

I’m not dismissing what you’ve said though particularly around mental toughness. 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So there's been an improvement then and the stats therefore don't back up the claim that 'we're no better than last year.'

We are no better in the Spfl and did no better in the cup we are no better in that respect. What part of that do you not understand?

4 minutes ago, Smile said:

There's been an improvement in European games we are just as shite in the league, the stats you asked for back that up.

A week ago we were top, we are two points of top in December, top scorers in league and only they have conceded less. 

What stats point towards shite?