SG straight up the tunnel?

scottyc06

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Think Davis is only a short-term fix but he'll give us a wee bit extra quality. I've always wondered if SG keeps an eye on MLS after his time there. Come cracking players that could potentially be picked up (even just short term). Solanke would be a decent move and would hopefully take the pressure off Morelos a bit.

I think after night morelos asks to.go.btw 

Just now, Rfc52 said:

I think after night morelos asks to.go.btw 

Think it'll depend who is sniffing around. If it's a cash-rich side who tend not to win much I'm not so sure. Always get the impression that if he was chocolate he'd eat himself and think he loves the adulation he gets here. Going to someone like a Watford-esque side probably won't tick all the boxes for him. A decent side with European aims and a shot at trophies might be a bigger problem for us though.

Just now, The Dude said:

Think it'll depend who is sniffing around. If it's a cash-rich side who tend not to win much I'm not so sure. Always get the impression that if he was chocolate he'd eat himself and think he loves the adulation he gets here. Going to someone like a Watford-esque side probably won't tick all the boxes for him. A decent side with European aims and a shot at trophies might be a bigger problem for us though.

I love him.btw.

I see me.in him.. a wee guy hates everycunt and will.fight goliath. I'll see nothing said about him. He's my wee boys hero.and he's not.had one of.them.in 6 year 

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

I love him.btw.

I see me.in him.. a wee guy hates everycunt and will.fight goliath. I'll see nothing said about him. He's my wee boys hero.and he's not.had one of.them.in 6 year 

He's fucking amazing. I love that wee bit devilment he's got in him since he's got the ability to pull it off. Doubt he'll be here much more than another year or two but I love watching him.

He's fucking amazing. I love that wee bit devilment he's got in him since he's got the ability to pull it off. Doubt he'll be here much more than another year or two but I love watching him.

You still think he'll surpass dembele? 

I'm.gojng to say summit.i never thought i would. But whats stopping him.being better is the qualityty supplying him. He's better but that tramp had quality but wee.man needs favours 

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

You still think he'll surpass dembele? 

I'm.gojng to say summit.i never thought i would. But whats stopping him.being better is the qualityty supplying him. He's better but that tramp had quality but wee.man needs favours 

I do. Dembele's a good player but there was an element of hype about him since he's this highly-touted French wunderkind. Morelos is just a hard-working wee bastard with a canny knack for scoring. It'll take more from Morelos to get the same recognition but I think he'll go score for fun wherever he ends up. Dembele is as high up the food chain as he's ever going to get.

I do. Dembele's a good player but there was an element of hype about him since he's this highly-touted French wunderkind. Morelos is just a hard-working wee bastard with a canny knack for scoring. It'll take more from Morelos to get the same recognition but I think he'll go score for fun wherever he ends up. Dembele is as high up the food chain as he's ever going to get.

Some.of.his link up.and turns tonight were sublime. He's a cut above us sadly 

He's got a similar thing to Mols where he's just so unlike everything else in this country that defenders don't know how to cope with him

Do you know me and @Gascoigne8 Never got.de boer and you watch him.back now on old dvds and videos.  He was so.far ahead of.team mates it was unreal.

Morelos seems.like that at times (has not at we boer levels nor am I officially comparing them) before anyone gets wet.

Slightly off.topic btw after your article.on the wee man what do.you feel about the press going after him?

Just now, siddiqi_drinker said:

My 2 cents, the thing about Morelos he is technically a much better footballer than he is given credit for and he is not afraid to put in a real shift, would love him to lead the line to #55 then go on to make the fortune that surely awaits him. 

Folk think he's just a wrecking ball who can score but there's so much more to his game. His link-up play is fantastic at times and the positions he finds himself in don't happen by accident.

6 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Complete wanker move from him

No matter how he feels the support will always feel worse after a defeat and they're out there literally in their thousands.

Did fuck all for himself there.

Would Walter have done it? Genuine question, not trying to be smart but I can’t recall him ever doing that after us being knocked out of a group stage? 

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

They do when he implies in them that we'll have better players in soon.

Couldn't understand the better players statement, we are living off loans from directors how can we get better players when your limited money wise? They already gave him money when he came in and 5 million  (roughly)went on katic ( never plays) and grezda ( who looks average), on top of that wages also. 

4 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Couldn't understand the better players statement, we are living off loans from directors how can we get better players when your limited money wise? They already gave him money when he came in and 5 million  (roughly)went on katic ( never plays) and grezda ( who looks average), on top of that wages also. 

Yeah, but we have scouts now, so It shouldn't be players identified by him any more. It should be well scouted options.

As for cash... who knows. We need to find it, though 

4 hours ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Would Walter have done it? Genuine question, not trying to be smart but I can’t recall him ever doing that after us being knocked out of a group stage? 

Gerrard has been doing it right up until last night

We lose and the fans don't matter then?

31 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

Ffs this thread still going? 

I was summoned back to it.

Id like to make it clear I still fully back Gerrard and although there have been some shite results I still think we've improved massively on last season.

Still wanting to give him another couple of transfer windows anyway, despite his poor acknowledgement of the support last night

23 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I was summoned back to it.

Id like to make it clear I still fully back Gerrard and although there have been some shite results I still think we've improved massively on last season.

Still wanting to give him another couple of transfer windows anyway, despite his poor acknowledgement of the support last night

I'd like to agree but I genuinely don't think we have improved massively. The only difference is the cult of Gerrard. Still bullied by poor SPL teams, haven't managed to beat Aberdeen or celtic in 4 attempts, we go huge periods of games without even a shot a goal, out of the cup, level with Kilmarnock in league. Loan signings extremely poor, Grezda and Katic who you'd expect to be mainstays given we actually paid fees for them, can't get in the team and on top of all that we play some hideously negative, unattractive football.

I'm not being a prick for the sake of it, I just really can't see why people think we've made these great improvements.