Tav

Lloyd

25 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I would leave it on Tav. Stripping him of it when there are no other obvious candidates to take it for no other reason than a few people on a forum saying he isn’t captain material would just cause more unrest and disruption that we don’t need.

Which is obviously a concern. But Amo got it took off him and became a better defender cause he wasn't constantly worrying about other players and just concentrated on his own game. I think Tav would be able to cope with it cause he would still be first pick for his position. 

7 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Which is a good point, but when I think of athletes like tennis players, they play at a high level and run miles every game along the base line then do it again the next day then 2 days later and so on. If the likes of Andy Murray, Roger Federer, and the rest even Venus Williams can run that far at top level. How can footballers not cope with 2/3 games a week when a lot of the time, they are just jogging to stay in position? Obviously they do different training but how can footballers not get that stamina that tennis players need? 

We apparently have top quality sports scientists... 

There’s no way a tennis player plays 2/3 competitive matches a week over a 5 month period. 

He could be playing with a injury for all we know. 

All I know is he looked absolutely shattered throughout the game today.

5 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Which is a good point, but when I think of athletes like tennis players, they play at a high level and run miles every game along the base line then do it again the next day then 2 days later and so on. If the likes of Andy Murray, Roger Federer, and the rest even Venus Williams can run that far at top level. How can footballers not cope with 2/3 games a week when a lot of the time, they are just jogging to stay in position? Obviously they do different training but how can footballers not get that stamina that tennis players need? 

Football players run much further in a match than tennis players and get constant sit down breaks where they can replenish their fluids and get more energy on board. They also specifically train for short sprints. What a weird comparison.

19 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Fuck sake:lol:

Tav has been mince for a long time and the scum will exploit the fuck out of him like they always do.

However, midfield is where it's at and if Coulibaly starts, we can forget it. The guy is a slack arse loser. If Gerrad can't see that, then he will deserve all the criticism he gets on a defeat.

If I see McCrorie in his place and Arfield back, I'll be with hope and we can gub them.

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

Tav has been mince for a long time and the scum will exploit the fuck out of him like they always do.

However, midfield is where it's at and if Coulibaly starts, we can forget it. The guy is a slack arse loser. If Gerrad can't see that, then he will deserve all the criticism he gets on a defeat.

If I see McCrorie in his place and Arfield back, I'll be with hope and we can gub them.

First it was Morelos now it's Coulibaly. 

Laughable. 

He did look knackered at times today but was still one of our better players.

Also, not enough credit was given for the ball that cut through their defence for Halliday to scuff wide.

A bigger worry is the thought of one of Halliday, Flanagan or *gulp* Wallace up against the scum.

32 minutes ago, ChampionsAgain said:

There’s no way a tennis player plays 2/3 competitive matches a week over a 5 month period. 

All I know is he looked absolutely shattered throughout the game today.

However, they don't necessarily run less, since the men play best-of-five sets versus best-of-three for the women.

Andy Murray's high total of 4.8 miles was more than the top woman, Kerber, who covered 3.3 miles.

Williams, who advanced to her first Grand Slam quarterfinal of 2014, was happy to hear she was more of a sprinter than a marathoner.

"I'm not at an age where I want to be running a lot," the 32-year-old American said Monday after beating fourth-round opponent Kaia Kanepi of Estonia. "I don't need to be running 20 miles. I can and I have and I'm able to run really fast, as we all know. I can run down any ball on the court. But, hey, if I don't have to move as much, that's fine with me, too."

That's all I can find. There's not really anything that counts the distance covered by tennis players. 

That is just from the US open. Andy Murray ran 4.8miles per match. I'm not sure how many rounds they play to get to final, but it's at least 4 or 5 rounds and they're only a couple of days apart. Then he goes to France, then Wimbledon and Australia plus all the small tournaments they play between the Slams. That's a lot of full speed running of around 20 miles every few days plus all the traveling. The only chance they get to get their breath back is after a point is scored. That's a hell of a lot of running. Mega fit with no team mates. Top footballers should be able to play every few days if tennis players can do it at such a high tempo. I'm not saying that they shouldn't get tired, they obviously will. These top sports scientists that we employ should have the ability to train our players to get fit enough to play in the matches we play. The amount of money we pay to have these players and sports science is millions of pounds each player every year. I don't think it's asking too much to ask them to play at a high tempo each game. Players like Novo, Numan, McCann done it no problem. Our players shouldn't be knackered half way through a game if they have trained properly. 

I know in Spain it's normal to train in the morning, have a break then train again. 

Don't know if you have ever been to our training centre, but I have. Granted it was when Ally was manager, but the player's drive in a their belters of cars that they have been loaned by Audi (I think it was, might have changed now) at 10am. Do what I would say is pretty light training (I was only there once so it might be heavier training on other days) then leave at 12pm and that's their days work done. 

If that is the same now, it's no wonder we have knackered players and constant injuries. 

I imagine that playing games counts towards their training, as it should. If it's still just 2 hrs a day, then that's tough to do proper game work, set piece work etc. 

10 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

He did look knackered at times today but was still one of our better players.

Also, not enough credit was given for the ball that cut through their defence for Halliday to scuff wide.

A bigger worry is the thought of one of Halliday, Flanagan or *gulp* Wallace up against the scum.

Wallace just needs match practice. He's been fit for a while now. Not remember that he could stand out in games against them? You must remember that photo of him standing on the advertising boards? 

1 minute ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Wallace just needs match practice. He's been fit for a while now. Not remember that he could stand out in games against them? You must remember that photo of him standing on the advertising boards? 

Pleased he got some minutes in our 55 season, but that was something more than lack of match fitness mate.

Looked about a stone overweight and the slowest player on the pitch, which is saying something seeing as Worral was out there. Wallace is done, and it now makes sense why he is 4th choice in Gerrard's eyes.

1 hour ago, GrandSuckMaster said:

The criticism of Tav really pisses me off. Mcgregor,  Candeais and Tav seem to me to be the only players who understand we have to win every came and put 100% in to every game . He is constantly pushing forward and encouraging others to do the same. If he had a better attacking player in front of him, he could play balls in behind more often instead of having to cross or try to beat a man nearly every time. If we had a team of tav's we would have no problems winning this league.

p.s. I am not Tav

Id put 100% into every game for Rangers, id still be fucking shite though, tav is a terrible defender, 

@Redwhiteandblue gonni just fuck up with the tennis comparison.

Tennis isn't a contact sport, albeit football isn't what it used to be, football is. Tennis players don't need to tackle/wrestle for possession.

Totally different demands and pro's will train to be the best in their field if they want to do themselves justice.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Tennis players cover 3-5 miles in a five-set match which takes an average of 3.5 hours. Footballers do 7-10 miles in 90 minutes. Tennis players would need to do double the distance in half the time just to come level with footballers.

Novak Djokovic played a total of 65 matches over the 2018 season (Jan-November). Today was Tavernier's 55th competitive game of 2018. If every single one of Djokovic's games were five-set marathons - they weren't - he would have covered around 260 miles. Tavernier will be somewhere between 400-500 miles covered in games in 2018.

A typical footballer, like a midfielder, will run an average of 10.8 kilometers in a game, with an uncertainty of 1 km, which means that a footballer will run anywhere between 9.8–11.8 kmin a game. This is the average for Premier League.

That's kilometres, not miles. So say an average of around 6 miles. 

1 minute ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

A typical footballer, like a midfielder, will run an average of 10.8 kilometers in a game, with an uncertainty of 1 km, which means that a footballer will run anywhere between 9.8–11.8 kmin a game. This is the average for Premier League.

That's kilometres, not miles. So say an average of around 6 miles. 

And that's not at full sprint either, 

Tav dosent need a rest, no chance. guys who have never even played 100 competitive games in their careers (we have a good few) maybe they need a rest after 25-30 games having never had a run of games like that before, but tav has been used to 50+ games for the last 3 seasons

hes had some howlers recently but he’s not the only 1, until we have a rb who can compete with him we will just need to hope he continues to have more good games than bad

Some clown will say play flanagan at rb, imo tav having an off day is still better than Flanagan on his best form 

2 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

First it was Morelos now it's Coulibaly. 

Laughable. 

No one is above criticism, including me.

If you think Coulibaly is it, or anywhere near being it, then, I don't know wtf you are watching, but ffs, don't let an agenda stand in the way of facts.