The Ibrox complex up for sale.

3 hours ago, Junior Soprano said:

How will the children cope with not being able to play and train on those fucking lethal 1G pitches.

I hope we are pursuing the purchase for this and showing Glasgow Life and GCC the kind of deals that were made with the scum.

I was trying to search where the sale was advertised but cannot find it mate, where did you see it ?? 

It would be great to have something like the Rangers Ibrox Community Centre. 

Have proper, modern sporting facilities for the local community. 

You could have other facilities supporting the community such as a nursery, after school clubs, adult education, NHS health services.

We would of course have the site for a fan zone on match days and it would be good to have conference facilities to make money from events  

It would be great for our brand to have facility and services for the local community.

1 minute ago, The Wire said:

It would be great to have something like the Rangers Ibrox Community Centre. 

Have proper, modern sporting facilities for the local community. 

You could have other facilities supporting the community such as a nursery, after school clubs, adult education, NHS health services.

We would of course have the site for a fan zone on match days and it would be good to have conference facilities to make money from events  

It would be great for our brand to have facility and services for the local community.

Why should we do all that?

Thats the job of the council, we are a football club  

17 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Can’t see them selling to us to be honest, they would rather sell it for developing just to piss us off. Plus no doubt if it were to be used for flats there would never be a chance for us to do any major works on the ground. 

Interesting to see what happens here, I’m sure PZJ will be watching very closely to what GCC do on this. 

Would be a laugh if the club used a development company to buy the land and the council thought they had shafted us only to find out it’s actually us. 😂😂

51 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Why should we do all that?

Thats the job of the council, we are a football club  

Great for the brand. Perhaps we would be more likely to get the land and planning permission for development if we can show that it will also benefit the local community?

The Rugby League team I support has an NHS facility in one of our stands. Was  thinking we could do something similar but take it up a knotch. 

I've probably gone a bit OTT but I think we could do something. 

34 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Interesting to see what happens here, I’m sure PZJ will be watching very closely to what GCC do on this. 

Would be a laugh if the club used a development company to buy the land and the council thought they had shafted us only to find out it’s actually us. 😂😂

It would be a laugh indeed, but I think it might be the only way for us to buy it. :thinking:

I hope Rangers go all out to try and secure it so that it can be used to help us do more things on match days etc, and maybe even make some money to buy better players. :thumbup: 

I think the bigots at GCC want the spotlight of their interference to go away. To save those responsible from apologizing and to keep their jobs.

Best solution is to sell it to us and hope it all goes away. Let's hope we haggle them to the lowest price possible.

Away from all the conspiracy theories and world is against us attitudes, maybe this sale is a direct result of them having a part in stopping us having the fanzone?

I remember at the time it was claimed that Rangers contributed substantially more to this facility than any other local organisations. Could we now be using alternative venues for community type projects and this has resulted in them being starved of funds rendering the facility not value for money?

Maybe, just maybe, the club will have something in mind with the 2022 project seemingly being organised in the background?

Or maybe the recent good news around the club is making me get carried away. 

37 minutes ago, The Wire said:

Was that really the community at large or a few councillors with an agenda?

I always thought it was councillors with an agenda, I suppose the community voted those councillors in right enough, but don't think they had a specific vote on this issue.