The Ibrox complex up for sale.

10 hours ago, psb07158 said:

We should 100% be trying to put together the finances to buy this. It gives us some great space directly across from Ibrox and maintains a buffer between the new flats that are being built and Ibrox, so we can control what goes there

To be honest is is fucking vital 

You may find there is another high rise flat taller and uglier than the ones being already built right outside the front door ..

Or some other taig company/Gcc monstrosity concoction .Gtf with that  

3 hours ago, wearethepeople1 said:

Hopefully we buy it and use it as part of this 2022 - 150 years anniversary thing 

it makes huge amount of sense to have that land at the front of the main stand 

however I’m sure GCC would rather sell it for a pound to anyone but us 

Fixed

Are Glasgow Life the sellers or has it been returned to the trust and the council? I remember reading this... 

7.2     Application for temporary public licence - Ibrox 
Fanzone 11th August - area where this is proposed was originally part of a local  trust and is now owned by Glasgow life. These facilities were given to the Glasgow life by the trust and the council on the condition that they be used for the local community. There was much discussion and objection to this proposed use.  
It was noted that unlike most licensing there was no option for individuals to comment and/or object. Community Council Can object until 9th July, as such a vote was taken by show of hands from residents. Objection was favoured by a very clear majority therefore Kirsty will send objection letter prior to deadline. 

http://ibroxcessnockcc.weebly.com/minutes

I can't see why the trust/council can't gift it to Rangers on the same conditions if they have reclaimed it from Glasgow Life.

12 hours ago, plumbGER said:

Away from all the conspiracy theories and world is against us attitudes, maybe this sale is a direct result of them having a part in stopping us having the fanzone?

I remember at the time it was claimed that Rangers contributed substantially more to this facility than any other local organisations. Could we now be using alternative venues for community type projects and this has resulted in them being starved of funds rendering the facility not value for money?

Maybe, just maybe, the club will have something in mind with the 2022 project seemingly being organised in the background?

Or maybe the recent good news around the club is making me get carried away. 

Good post.:tu:

Project 2022 would be my guess also.

12 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

To be honest is is fucking vital 

You may find there is another high rise flat taller and uglier than the ones being already built right outside the front door ..

Or some other taig company/Gcc monstrosity concoction .Gtf with that  

I wouldn't be surprised if the GCC are currently in negotiations with Gerard O'Flaherty developers to ensure that Rangers don't get anywhere near either the bidding process or the value put on it by GCC

Such a shame all of those poor weans will not be able to play football on it any more when it's taig housing

5 hours ago, Falcoholic said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the GCC are currently in negotiations with Gerard O'Flaherty developers to ensure that Rangers don't get anywhere near either the bidding process or the value put on it by GCC

Such a shame all of those poor weans will not be able to play football on it any more when it's taig housing

There is a very strong possibility sadly