Andy Murray Retires

Seems he's gonna give it one last crack after his next operation.

Just said on SSN its a decision he needs to make. If he wants to play on past Wimbledon his only hope of doing that is this next operation. 

If he gets the operation in the next few weeks he won't make Wimbledon.

Or does he rest for 4months and make Wimbledon his last he said he'll make that decision in the next few days.

4 hours ago, BlearyEyedBear said:

Murray looks fucked now.

He can barely move.

He probably wants to go out on a victory but last nights come back from 2 sets down is probably as close to that as he will get ... perhaps he should just have complete rest for a year and see if that helps although sadly that's probably the last throw of the dice 

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Malvern said:

Got to admit I am pretty sure he is going to come back once the surgery has settled.

Course mate IMO the only reason he got the surgery  this early . I dont doubt daily life might of been a bit tough beforehand. However he has always said that he will continue playing tennis If he could shift the constant pain.

I do think he would have chucked it but the support he has got IMO has pushed him to give it one last crack an I think he will be back maybe not top top level easy inside top 10 tho

2 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Course mate IMO the only reason he got the surgery  this early . I dont doubt daily life might of been a bit tough beforehand. However he has always said that he will continue playing tennis If he could shift the constant pain.

I do think he would have chucked it but the support he has got IMO has pushed him to give it one last crack an I think he will be back maybe not top top level easy inside top 10 tho

I hope so. After all it has been done before.

That type of injury, for a singles tennis player, is pretty devestating.

It would be very hard to come back, it quite simply has to take a little bit away from a player. Maybe a Federer type could come back, but Federer has a style that looks effortless and smooth - Murray doesn't.

10 hours ago, Badger said:

That type of injury, for a singles tennis player, is pretty devestating.

It would be very hard to come back, it quite simply has to take a little bit away from a player. Maybe a Federer type could come back, but Federer has a style that looks effortless and smooth - Murray doesn't.

That's my worry. Fed has never relied on his speed and stamina around the court whereas it's essential to Murray's game.

Federer also has a very decent serve for winning points. It's not the biggest but it makes him very hard to break. I've always felt like Murray's is hit and miss, which is a shame because he actually has a big serve when it lands.

Would love to see him come back, but going to be very difficult.