If Bigotry And Sectarianism In Scotland Is Apparently Deplored, How Ironic Is It That A Black Catholic Footballer Is Targeted And Hated ?

tannerall

I think I see where the OP is coming from........ basically , I agree he wouldn't get half as much grief or negative attention if he played for anyone else but us in the SPFL.

Admittedly, he does bring a wee bit of the negative attention on himself with his diving and moaning/body language/reacting to certain situations etc - which I wish he would cut out tbh.

21 hours ago, Rangers#1 said:

OP likes a long thread title.

Think it's unfair, even bigoted toward Admin, to effectively abuse the space they have allowed us for titles and not use it. Titles like "Goldson",  "Worral", "Gerrard" show a lack of imagination too, and more description could possibly bring more posters in to the thread and widen the discussion. 

Plus it's a challenge to fill that space exactly as it cuts off at a pre-determined point . Mine I think is one letter short.

Could have gone for a simple "Today's Game" or a "Should We Run Gerrard Out Of Town Right Now" thread, but that would be pandering to the masses. 

1 hour ago, tannerall said:

Think it's unfair, even bigoted toward Admin to effectively abuse the space they have allowed us for titles and not use it. Titles like "Goldson",  "Worral", "Gerrard" show a lack of imagination too, and more description could possibly bring more posters in to the thread and widen the discussion. 

Plus it's a challenge to fill that space exactly as it cuts off at a pre-determined point . Mine I think is one letter short.

Could have gone for a simple "Today's Game" or a "Should We Run Gerrard Out Of Town Right Now" thread, but that would be pandering to the masses. 

The word “masses” is derived from large congregations attending mass as  a catholic faith 

just saying like

He is indubitably targeted by Scottish football and the media for the sole reason that he plays for The Rangers, there can be no other explanation for as we all know, the authorities and media take a dim view of bigotry and sectarianism  in this country for all 

7 hours ago, tannerall said:

Unfair discrimination and hatred by Scottish football and the media toward Alfredo Morelos.

Discuss.

Yes I believe Morelos is being subjected to  discrimination.

For me the hatred is because he stands for something successful for Rangers. His success means money and that the club is starting to recover from the financial breakdown.  but targeting our top of the table striker will cost the club with bad PR,  player reputation and player value and the PLC will lose money. Thing is,  Scottish football and the media are messing with the guys career to have a go at Rangers.

I think the hatred towards Rangers is because Scottish football and the media feel the club wasn't punished enough.I honestly believe that Scottish football and the media don't want to see a successful Rangers . 

14 hours ago, Davhow said:

This is pathetic and embarrassing to be honest. 

He is targeted because of his own actions and behaviour, which are just as embarrassing and pathetic and this thread. 

End of discussion. 

Well that’s a load of bollocks. 

If it was just for his so called actions (media narrative swallowed again) then we would have a list of players the length of your arm every weekend. 

The op is correct the irony is there. But he is targeted because he plays for the establishment club and he is good at his job plus he knows as many dirty tricks as these fhenian bhastards do. If he was at the bheastdome he'd be according to the mheejah King of Kings and worth £50 million !

15 hours ago, Helicopter Sundae said:

I had no idea you could even make a title that long.

Think quite a few posters on here just not happy with discovering mine is much bigger than theirs. 

Back on topic, took around one and a half pages  for the obvious answer from  @Sweetheart  (he is being targeted only for being at Rangers, which could be seen as sectarian in itself, just like the effigies).