Spurs new stadium

Spurs Stadium - Opinions  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Spurs new stadium?

On ‎28‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 11:04, East London Loyal said:

Makes me feel sick seeing Spurs ground. Looks unreal and I hate saying that, while our ground in comparison is a fucking joke. 

With the amount of money thrown at it and the time it took to construct it was impossible for it not to look unreal.

8 hours ago, pcbear said:

With the amount of money thrown at it and the time it took to construct it was impossible for it not to look unreal.

Absolutely. Spurs have tight owners, but we have spendthrift chancers, which is why we rent our ground. Looking at the new WHL, it's like what could've been. 

They have a home that's theirs, which they can alter and improve as they please, which is close to the pitch and they're prepared a standing section. Fucking gutting in comparison. 

41 minutes ago, East London Loyal said:

Absolutely. Spurs have tight owners, but we have spendthrift chances, which is why we rent our ground. Looking at the new WHL, it's like what could've been. 

They have a home that's theirs, which they can alter and improve as they please, which is close to the pitch and they're prepared a standing section. Fucking gutting in comparison. 

What have they done to Upton Park as I have not been down there in ages? it always reminded me of Tynecastle with everyone right on top of the players.

The London Stadium is what it is in being an athletics stadium to play football in and even the closest fans being quite a distance from the touchline detracts to the atmosphere, not too much can be done about that.

48 minutes ago, pcbear said:

What have they done to Upton Park as I have not been down there in ages? it always reminded me of Tynecastle with everyone right on top of the players.

The London Stadium is what it is in being an athletics stadium to play football in and even the closest fans being quite a distance from the touchline detracts to the atmosphere, not too much can be done about that.

Knocked it down and replaced it with identikit homes. Absolute travesty. 

The LS has had good atmospheres, but it's difficult to warm too, especially as it was done on the cheap with maximum profit going into the pockets of the owners without fuck all consideration of the support. 

On 30/03/2019 at 18:29, East London Loyal said:

Knocked it down and replaced it with identikit homes. Absolute travesty. 

The LS has had good atmospheres, but it's difficult to warm too, especially as it was done on the cheap with maximum profit going into the pockets of the owners without fuck all consideration of the support. 

Tearing down the old Boleyn Ground was a desecration to football.

GSB sold the West Ham fans a lie to line their own pockets.

b2fcc4c7a0435784faa45945e1c074a8.jpg

Looking at it on Google Earth there seems to very little parking in the area, likewise with the Emirates. Can’t be an issue with the local council, unlike up here, I’m sure that’s always been something mentioned when we’ve considered expansion, that Tammany Hall would use parking as an excuse to knock us back.

It' looks a beautiful new stadium , unlike oarkhead which is cheap and nasty,   The difference being Spurs have spent an absolute fortune on it, they say £1b.. At that price I would still rather fill the corners in at Ibrox and have roughly the same attendance but no denying that Spurs and Arsenal have 2 great modern stadiums and probably a lot more cooperate boxes etc than we have

Much better than moving to the Olympic stadium as they wanted to do before West Ham got it as it's a soulless stadium  

On 30/03/2019 at 16:49, East London Loyal said:

Absolutely. Spurs have tight owners, but we have spendthrift chancers, which is why we rent our ground. Looking at the new WHL, it's like what could've been. 

He worked for Joe Lewis I am sure of when he invested £40m in us.   I am sure I remember his name be mentioned at the time before he bought Spurs from Lord Sugar 

19 hours ago, harlands plater said:

Looking at it on Google Earth there seems to very little parking in the area, likewise with the Emirates. Can’t be an issue with the local council, unlike up here, I’m sure that’s always been something mentioned when we’ve considered expansion, that Tammany Hall would use parking as an excuse to knock us back.

They don't need it with the tube/overground and public transport options in London. Very few fans will travel by car, even visiting fans will, generally, arrive by coach/train. If you do drive its best to park near a tube station on the edge of London and travel in. If there was better public transport (an Ibrox overground station and better bus coverage) it would be less of an issue. 

So..went to the game tonight with access to Corporate lounges and Restaurants.

Magnificent structure and impressive all around. Acoustics were brilliant.

Attention to detail is second to none.

However it felt more like I was in a brand new shopping centre than actually being there for Football if that makes sense. It didn't really have a matchday feel to it.

Very impressive and geared up to make money all over the show. Great experience, but for me it simply didn't feel like a football stadium.

Seats were probably the best going too.

Design flaw on the pitch means there is bugger all room for players to run prior to taking a corner! 😂

On 28/03/2019 at 16:19, Jimbeamjunior said:

Dunno, id be heartbroken if ibrox was to change, sure spruce up inside, better screens etc, but the outside of ibrox brickwork wise is legendary and shouldn't be touched by any amount of money

I like the way the did behind one of the goals with just one level, we could do with 2 of these and a two tier stand where the govan is with plenty of boxes,.  Our main stand is something else and no matter what we could not change it but the other 3 stands could be like a 3/4 bowl.  I think the stand behind the goal holds 17,000 also.

All I can say about the stadium , atmosphere etc etc us wow,. Watched Ibrox being built and always though we were spoiled , Arsenal and Spurs are the only 2 football grounds in the. UK I think is better than ours and I would sort those corners out and do them properly and get the stadium attendance up for more profit as lets be honest we can't afford to spend on new stands etc

9 hours ago, IpswichGer said:

So..went to the game tonight with access to Corporate lounges and Restaurants.

Magnificent structure and impressive all around. Acoustics were brilliant.

Attention to detail is second to none.

However it felt more like I was in a brand new shopping centre than actually being there for Football if that makes sense. It didn't really have a matchday feel to it.

Very impressive and geared up to make money all over the show. Great experience, but for me it simply didn't feel like a football stadium.

Seats were probably the best going too.

Design flaw on the pitch means there is bugger all room for players to run prior to taking a corner! 😂

Jammy bastard ,  and give the spurs fans time to adjust to it, love how like Ibrox it's so close to the pitch.  as that's where Wembley falls down behind the goals hey are too far away I feel.  

When the spurs fans sung it did sound impressive.  It will be the envy of every premiership club and will attract top top players if they now pay the crazy going rate.