Spurs new stadium

Spurs Stadium - Opinions  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Spurs new stadium?

People moaned about the new main stand at Ibrox being built saying it was ostentatious and unnecessary for a football ground.

I’m sure when we moved from the quaint pavilion ground of Kinning Park to Ibrox someone probably moaned that it was an out of town soulless bowl.

People are always nostalgic but football clubs at a professional level only exist if people want to pay to watch them and I’m sure that Spurs will fill the ground easily.

I would rather an away game at this new ground rather than some of the outright dangerous places like Pittodrie that we get shuffled into - soulless or otherwise.

7 hours ago, harlands plater said:

Seems to be the average at Premiership grounds. Guys who say “we’d take 20,000 every week if we got into the Premiership” don’t seem to realise that.

£60 to watch a game of football in standard seats.

The average wage in the UK see's the average person take home £443 a week. Factor in everything, and it's nearly a quarter of the average guys income gone, just to go to a football match. 

On 28/03/2019 at 00:21, Badger said:

The average wage in the UK see's the average person take home £443 a week. Factor in everything, and it's nearly a quarter of the average guys income gone, just to go to a football match. 

Is that not a knock on effect that these fans are going have to accept though?

If you want to be known as the “Premier” League and you want the best players in the world at your club and in your league and you want a bigger stadium that’s world reneowed then surely you should expect to pay “premier” prices to be part of that experience?

I don’t agree with, or like the way it’s gone, at all, but if the Premier League and the club’s in the Premier League were run for the working class fan rather than as a sleek modern business and attraction for tourists and international audiences then it probably wouldn’t be the worldwide brand that it is.

On 26/03/2019 at 12:19, Inigo said:

Yeah, West Ham is the worst recent case of modern football sucking the soul from the game.

Don't get me wrong, I like Spurs' new stadium, but give me White Heart Lane or The Boleyn any day. If the OP poll was WHL/TB v the two new grounds, the former would get my vote.

Makes me feel sick seeing Spurs ground. Looks unreal and I hate saying that, while our ground in comparison is a fucking joke. 

11 hours ago, Badger said:

Have a mate at work who has a season ticket at spurs for this year which was priced for the new stadium and his ticket works out at £72 a game for just league games only, and the problem with the stadium is that a lot of input was given to the NFL for what they wanted/needed for the american football games that will be played there, they also want the roads closed for a mile round the ground for 4 hours before the NFL games, and 2 hours afterwards!!

On 25/03/2019 at 22:52, Essandoh said:

When you see the money that’s involved down there you do wonder just how Ibrox would look if we were involved in the Premier League (pipe dream).

Dunno, id be heartbroken if ibrox was to change, sure spruce up inside, better screens etc, but the outside of ibrox brickwork wise is legendary and shouldn't be touched by any amount of money

6 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Is that not a knock on effect that these fans are going have to accept though?

If you want to be known as the “Premier” League and you want the best players in the world at your club and in your league and you want a bigger stadium that’s world reneowed then surely you should expect to pay “premier” prices to be part of that experience?

I don’t agree with, or like the way it’s gone, at all, but if the Premier League and the club’s in the Premier League were run for the working class fan rather than as a sleek modern business and attraction for tourists and intentional audiences then it probably wouldn’t be the worldwide brand that it is.

Nailed it, can you imagine arsenal trying to attract the likes of ozil, lacazette etc now if they were still at highbury and tickets were highbury prices

Thats just one example as well

9 hours ago, mus said:

Have a mate at work who has a season ticket at spurs for this year which was priced for the new stadium and his ticket works out at £72 a game for just league games only, and the problem with the stadium is that a lot of input was given to the NFL for what they wanted/needed for the american football games that will be played there, they also want the roads closed for a mile round the ground for 4 hours before the NFL games, and 2 hours afterwards!!

Drive on the pavement, loads of Islamists in London do so there should be no pedestrians in the way.

On 28/03/2019 at 16:19, Jimbeamjunior said:

Dunno, id be heartbroken if ibrox was to change, sure spruce up inside, better screens etc, but the outside of ibrox brickwork wise is legendary and shouldn't be touched by any amount of money

Aye I didn’t mean that mate, agree with you 100%.