32 Red extension to sponsor deal

3 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Might be a touch quick off the mark with this if the boss of Ladbrokes crusade gathers pace. 

Always make me worry the Board have just went with the easy option rather than finding the best deal for the club. 

You’ve got no idea if this is or isn’t the best deal for the club. 

3 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Might be a touch quick off the mark with this if the boss of Ladbrokes crusade gathers pace. 

Always make me worry the Board have just went with the easy option rather than finding the best deal for the club. 

You’ve got no idea if this is or isn’t the best deal for the club. 

7 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

It obviously is the best deal or it would not have happened.

I am sure this deal was agreed before we brought in the new commerical director a few weeks ago.

I remember Graham Wallace saying at the time of the first annoucement in 2014 that the club needed to be linked with more blue chip companies

Hopefully the new commerical director can sort that side of the club out, as that seems to be an area, which the club is struggling with...

15 hours ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

What are clubs and the SPFL going to do when betting sites go the way of tobacco advertising, and are not allowed to sponsor sports?? That's a large hole in finance, that wouldn't be filled by other sectors.

Im sure the snp will be prioritising this soon

16 hours ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

What are clubs and the SPFL going to do when betting sites go the way of tobacco advertising, and are not allowed to sponsor sports?? That's a large hole in finance, that wouldn't be filled by other sectors.

I think we’re decades away from that and even then there’s a lot of money in it throughout the sports world.

I would back a ban on betting advertisements.

1 hour ago, Bad Robot said:

I think we’re decades away from that and even then there’s a lot of money in it throughout the sports world.

I would back a ban on betting advertisements.

Don’t know about the decades, when an industry leader starts talking about no sponsorship of football clubs then it’s well down the road in any discussion. 

There is always sponsorship to be found and I’m sure if the clubs just think a little outside the box they fill find just as much money maybe even more out there for the taking. 

Always wondered why we seem to stick to lager/betting sponsors.  But until the Scottish game as a whole improves and attracts more viewers then it’s what we’re stuck with.  Mind you there’s a few clubs down in England that have red32 or some other betting brand. Maybe it’s not that bad.  Hopefully in the future we can get the owner of quantas airline do a PSG