Welcome To The Famous Filip Helander

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

If his biggest attribute is he is a no nonsense defender that loves a tackle he’s going to be getting booked and sent off a lot to playing for us. 

Don't worry, CB, that was the first thing that came into my head when I read the article. It also came into my head that may be why Stevie Gerrard was so insistent  on having four  permanent central defenders for this season as opposed to having what we had last season ( 1 loan+ 1 older) when required.

40 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Gerrard said in his post match interview the fee was 3 mill.

Anything around that is a cracking piece of business, imo. Bologna are far from being a bad team. He may have not played much latter half, but hope he transitions well to here and is a big signing for us.

On 13/07/2019 at 14:18, hooooootchy said:

Getting some good quality in ever position now. I said in another thread I'd get rid of haliday but I'll take it back. Its hard to keep everyone happy and having a guy like him who loves the club, will pass on what it means and can play a couple positions will be important. 

Mcgregor - fod 

Tav, barasic - polster, flannagan, haliday 

Helander goldson,-katic edmundon

Davis kamara aribo - Jack docherty haliday arfield 

Ojo arfield - Jones hastie Murphy 

Morelos - defoe 

I've not counted guys I'd expect to leave or  guys out on loan. 

Add Kent and another striker, I'll be confident 

This

• 1 month later...

Played fantastic tonight!

Was impressed with his turn of pace on a few occasions. Also liked that most of his defensive headers were not just anywhere up the park, but looked to lay them off to our players to keep possession.

Really feel comfortable in the centre back roles now, with 4 good players to choose from. 

Archived