*** The Official Kilmarnock v Rangers Match Thread ***

4 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

There can be No fucking about this season need to come out the traps hungry and showing that we mean business, no room for complacency or lack of desire, we need to win, win, win. PS-If the result in the bheast end doesn’t ring bells of the seriousness of the situation then nothing will.

Spot on mate,we have to be ruthless this season, no stupid dropped points and no letting up.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don’t care about the result but 3 points tomorrow is an absolute must. 

Not looking forward to it. It’ll more than likely be a poor game and you can guarantee they’ll absolutely turn up against us but can see a boring 1-0 win for us. 

If we don’t win though..

40 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

If we don’t win tomorrow I guarantee someone will come on and say the season is done. 😱😂

Obviously fuck all is won in August but tomorrow is a test for us. If we don’t win it genuinely is a disaster considering their only other game this summer was against a local amateur team, after losing at home in Europe to another. 

3 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Obviously fuck all is won in August but tomorrow is a test for us. If we don’t win it genuinely is a disaster considering their only other game this summer was against a local amateur team, after losing at home in Europe to another. 

Yep, it's a bit of a cliche but we badly need to start well this season and not be playing catch up from the very start again 

26 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

There can be No fucking about this season need to come out the traps hungry and showing that we mean business, no room for complacency or lack of desire, we need to win, win, win. PS-If the result in the bheast end doesn’t ring bells of the seriousness of the situation then nothing will.

Absolutely.

I feel much of our inconsistency last season was down to player mentality. Not taking our chances. Not killing off teams. Slackness in our play.

Gerrard will have us set up well, so It's about players doing it and putting it on the line.

We could also beat StJ 7-0, if we had that mentality.

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

Absolutely.

I feel much of our inconsistency last season was down to player mentality. Not taking our chances. Not killing off teams. Slackness in our play.

Gerrard will have us set up well, so It's about players doing it and putting it on the line.

We could also beat StJ 7-0, if we had that mentality.

Yes indeed mental strength will be the key this season on and off the park.

Tomorrow is about winning and it doesn't matter if it's 1-0, 4-3 or 7-0. First 3 points on the board and getting over this daft thing we have in the league against Kilmarnock.

Like celtic today we will have big results throughout the season, but this game is just about getting the points on board!

Pick up points first then worry about things like goal difference and goals scored!

40 minutes ago, badjon said:

There points is a must. Would obviously prefer a cricket score but end of the day would take a win of any sort this minute. Interested to see if we start with Alfredo tomorrow, I would personally.

H&H were wondering if Greg Stewart would start/feature given he knows all about that pitch.

8 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Hi grab the win 1 p or 9, let the knicker wearers on forums get upset but we know from Joe till sept 2nd 1 0 or 14 we play we won and then beat them we are least 3 clear 

Come back to this in the morning and clear it up for me please brother 

I think this could be a struggle today, we have the players, i dont think gerrard has the system yet, arfield out left, 3 centre mids that want to drop deep to start the moves, we end up with our striker isolated

I really hope he plays a different left mid and plays arfield just off the striker, jack, aribo and arfield would be my midfield 3

15 hours ago, writingranger said:

You may well be right and it will give us a clue as to where katic is in the pecking order. My thoughts were about continuity and the tried and tested along with katic's ability to nick a goal.

I think Katic was hard done by last season, although  I will counter that by saying he did make mistakes that cost us on a few occasions, but no more than Worrall did. Now people will probably not agree with me but at the moment I think Goldson is the player who should be on the bench today because he's made some bad decisions lately, both in his tackling and positioning, but I can't see Gerrard having Katic & Edmundson as a pairing due to them being the youngest and least experienced two.

Katic is always a threat to nick a goal, and Edmundson seems to have the ability to ping 30-40 yard diagonal passes which could be a godsend against the Killie tactics.

Just my opinion, but I'm fairly sure it will be Goldson & Edmundson to start.

Archived