Applause on 17th minute.

57 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

Sad news for all his family ..... condolences to them all .... also not a fan of applauding a bereavement and I doubt his family will at his funeral ..... but in this case I think it is a fitting way to show respect to a young Bear who has passed  away  so suddenly ..... I hope he gets that recognition on Saturday from his extended "family" of Bears at Ibrox.

🇬🇧

Exactly how I feel mate, I like others do not like applause for someones death, but on this occasion it is the only way to help his mates and family mark his passing at the game, so I have no problem with doing it. :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Dan Deacon said:

This is getting out of hand. Shame for the young lad to lose his life but at this rate we'll be clapping the entire match soon and it loses any real sense of sentiment.

It is a difficult one Dan, I do not like applause for someones death either, but if it is being done during a game then it is the only option.

I also do not know how we say this person will get recognised but the next wont because we had applause at the last game. No easy answer, but to be honest if it helps a grieving family and his friends then I do not see a problem with it. Just my opinion on a very difficult thing with no right or wrong answer to it. 

2 hours ago, Bears r us said:

It is a difficult one Dan, I do not like applause for someones death either, but if it is being done during a game then it is the only option.

I also do not know how we say this person will get recognised but the next wont because we had applause at the last game. No easy answer, but to be honest if it helps a grieving family and his friends then I do not see a problem with it. Just my opinion on a very difficult thing with no right or wrong answer to it. 

The most touching tribute for a fan I've seen at Ibrox was the minutes silence with bagpiper during a game in the lower leagues.  Whether any spl teams fans would respect it is another matter. The Livi fans may be one of the few teams that would.

3 hours ago, Bobby Hume said:

Sad news for all his family ..... condolences to them all .... also not a fan of applauding a bereavement and I doubt his family will at his funeral ..... but in this case I think it is a fitting way to show respect to a young Bear who has passed  away  so suddenly ..... I hope he gets that recognition on Saturday from his extended "family" of Bears at Ibrox.

🇬🇧

I think you're applauding his life, rather than his death mate. 

29 minutes ago, dougal72 said:

The most touching tribute for a fan I've seen at Ibrox was the minutes silence with bagpiper during a game in the lower leagues.  Whether any spl teams fans would respect it is another matter. The Livi fans may be one of the few teams that would.

I cannot remember that but it would have been very appropriate.

I know this forum in the past has been very good at respecting these kind of situations,it has to be an applause because it is started by fans for either a family member or friend asking for it to be done during a game.

There is no right or wrong way to respond if fans want to clap on 17 minutes as requested then that is great, if others think it is being  done too often and do not clap that is also fine IMO. 

36 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I cannot remember that but it would have been very appropriate.

I know this forum in the past has been very good at respecting these kind of situations,it has to be an applause because it is started by fans for either a family member or friend asking for it to be done during a game.

There is no right or wrong way to respond if fans want to clap on 17 minutes as requested then that is great, if others think it is being  done too often and do not clap that is also fine IMO. 

Sure it was for the chap who took a heart attack during a game the week before. Was a spine tingling moment.

there are c. 1.5 m bears around the world. Unfortunately that means around 300+ will die each week. Admittedly most from old age and this death is a tragedy, however expecting the crowd at Ibrox to hold an applause for every bear that dies is not practical. Sorry is this sounds harsh but it is the facts. 

4 hours ago, dougal72 said:

Well since it is armed forces day that could quite easily happen. it would be a great gesture and tribute and also showcase the armed forces. They probably have all the pre-match routines scheduled however.

Sad but appears to be another drug related death --- be more appropriate to highlight the failure to tackle the current drug problem ravaging Scotland while the government wastes money on sectarianism which accounts for 0.04% of all arrests. 

Also do not believe these gestures bring comfort to families as the emotions are still too raw. 

3 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Sad but appears to be another drug related death --- be more appropriate to highlight the failure to tackle the current drug problem ravaging Scotland while the government wastes money on sectarianism which accounts for 0.04% of all arrests. 

Also do not believe these gestures bring comfort to families as the emotions are still too raw. 

probably right on all fronts