Arfield

GA1972

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

He needs "rested" along with a few others, namely Tav, Ojo, Goldson and Helander. Not a fucking winner between them, yet we have better on the bench.

It may only be the EL, but this carries over to the league which we just have to win. I fucking dread dropping points to any cunt. Is the mentality there with those mentioned? If it is, I don't see it. Get fucking Polson, Katic and Edmundson a run and when Kent gets back get Ojo to fuck. 

Gerrard needs to stop playing favourites. Simples.

Spot on.  I’d even consider trying Docherty at right back FFS.

The boy has the right attitude, something sadly lacking tonight when it was time to make do with the point and especially after the guy providing our protection (Jack) had gone. Only when Jack is absent do you realise the work he does.

One thing I’m pretty sure of - we’ll turn these cunts over at Ibrox.

2 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Spot on.  I’d even consider trying Docherty at right back FFS.

The boy has the right attitude, something sadly lacking tonight when it was time to make do with the point and especially after the guy providing our protection (Jack) had gone. Only when Jack is absent do you realise the work he does.

One thing I’m pretty sure of - we’ll turn these cunts over at Ibrox.

I'd like to think so, but if the same favourites are played, I have my doubts as too many flaws/weaknesses between them. They all add up and are there for the oppo to exploit.

LBH, The first player they will press is Tav, then Goldson, then just forget about Ojo, being only a threat to himself!

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

Gerrard needs to stop playing favourites. Simples.

Won’t happen, until Kent/Jones are fit this is your 11 with the full squad fighting for 3 places, 2 really as Barisic looks locked in at left back now. Some of these automatic selections are merited most of them definitely not.

McGregor

Tavernier      Goldson             ?                          ?

Jack      Davis       ?

Arfield                       Morelos               Ojo

17 hours ago, GA1972 said:

Won’t happen, until Kent/Jones are fit this is your 11 with the full squad fighting for 3 places, 2 really as Barisic looks locked in at left back now. Some of these automatic selections are merited most of them definitely not.

McGregor

Polster  Edmundson  Katic    Barisic

Jack      Davis     Kamara 

Jones                    Morelos               Kent

My eleven.

25 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

My eleven.

That’s three sitting central midfielders.  We don’t need that, especially in the SPFL.  We need someone in the middle who can get forward.  Right now Aribo and Arfield are the only two guys who can do that.

Also, Jones plays his football on the left cutting in on to his stronger foot.  He has done for years.  He won’t play on the RW.

1 minute ago, TMB said:

That’s three sitting central midfielders.  We don’t need that, especially in the SPFL.  We need someone in the middle who can get forward.  Right now Aribo and Arfield are the only two guys who can do that.

Also, Jones plays his football on the left cutting in on to his stronger foot.  He has done for years.  He won’t play on the RW.

Arfield couldn't hit a barn door at five yards. I do like Aribo, but he's out. I'd push Kamara forward and Davis is none too bad in attackng.

52 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Arfield couldn't hit a barn door at five yards. I do like Aribo, but he's out. I'd push Kamara forward and Davis is none too bad in attackng.

Davis doesn’t attack he plays in front of the defense.  Kamara offers very little going forward either he’s a holding midfielder.  We badly lack an attacking central midfielder.  This was an issue last season too.

7 hours ago, TMB said:

Davis doesn’t attack he plays in front of the defense.  Kamara offers very little going forward either he’s a holding midfielder.  We badly lack an attacking central midfielder.  This was an issue last season too.

Davis reading of the game is unbelievable every time a balls cleared he’s on the end of it but I don’t think he’s been played in his proper position since he returned , he was always about finding pockets of space between lines ,wee clever threaded through balls , a goal threat to , he never took the ball off the back 4 and started things before , maybe down to his age but he looks as though he could play another 3/4 years easy 

On 03/10/2019 at 21:34, EatDolphins said:

He clearly needs a rest. Has done for weeks. 3 or 4 weeks out would do him the world of good.

Aye he can't handle too many games in a row. Definitely needs to be used sparingly. 

• 3 weeks later...

I was going to start a new thread about Scott because there was nothing on the first page but thought it would be worthwhile having a look further down the forum. 

Found this one at the bottom of page 6 which pretty much sums up how I feel about him at the moment . Seems like he's been so utterly anonymous for the majority of the season that people are even forgetting to have a pop at him. 

Needs benched, or perhaps even bombed out of the squad entirely for a prolonged spell because over our first 20 games this season he's offered us next to nothing in terms of goals and assists. At a push he could maybe play a role as one of the midfield 3 at home against the Diddy teams but if Gerrard persists with using him in the front 3 we are in trouble. 

Don't usually like singling out individuals after such a terrible collective performance but unfortunately for Arfield this isn't a kneejerk, he's been way of the pace virtually all season imo. 

He’s been very poor all season yet is still one of the first names on the team sheet. His first touch is miles off it and looks a shadow of the player he was towards the end of the season. Spell on the bench is needed.

Archived