*****Official Hertz v Rangers Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

10 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

Look mate as you know Iā€™ve been called one of tavs fan club (probably by yourselfšŸ˜‚)Ā and stuck up for him countless times on here, but it was never for any reason than I thought the criticismĀ was way over the top, heā€™s still one of the better players in our team imo but since the start of the season heā€™s been absolutely horrendous at times, soā€™s Goldson in a few games aswell, throw in arfield and thatā€™s 3 players who when fit, start games for us and all 3 have been a shadow of last seasons players for us, I donā€™t know wtf is going on with them maybe they are just genuinely having a nightmare start to the season or itā€™s because they know they are undroppable but something isnā€™t right Gerrard has a problem on his hands and better fix it, if it means trying polster for tav or edmunson for Goldson it might be worth a try but I personally donā€™t think itā€™s the answer, Iā€™d beĀ concentrating all my effortsĀ inĀ finding out wtf is causing the poor form from 3 of his more trusted 11 Ā if I was Gerrard

Ā 

I've tried real hard to lay off the heavy criticism of Tav mate .GenuinelyĀ 

However it's getting harder as these pivitol games come and go .And nothing outstanding is changing as far as I can seeĀ 

Something simple like resting him surely might helpĀ 

It has worked for better players and Captains than Tav .Amo for oneĀ 

Getting a reaction may help .He knows he is in first 11 .No matter how many mistakes he makesĀ 

Ā 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have managed and run football teams for years and I will say now what I have said to every defender and defensive team.

You are judged by the number of goals youĀ lose.Ā 

Not the number of 40 yard passes you make onto a sixpence

Today Tav had a mare.Ā 

15 minutes ago, JackAlex93 said:

So many on here said we would thrash them. Never an easy game at tynecastleĀ 

They haven't won at home since March in the league.Ā 

Maybe be hard gameĀ withĀ breaking them down.Ā But they shouldn't be bullying us off the park and looking more hungry to win the game.Ā 

Today was totally unacceptableĀ 

4 minutes ago, Dickie1963 said:

I have managed and run football teams for years and I will say now what I have said to every defender and defensive team.

You are judged by the number of goals youĀ lose.Ā 

Not the number of 40 yard passes you make onto a sixpence

Today Tav had a mare.Ā 

So we have the best defence on the league then.Ā 

36 minutes ago, Swagger said:

Nobody should have been getting carried away going top. The way this team get bullied away from home will see us dropping points over the next few weeksĀ 

We have a tough run in to the January break. Once thatā€™s out the way it gets a lot easier.

Livi, Aberdeen, hibs and the taigs - will all be hard away games - if we stay in touching distance Iā€™ll be happy going into the new year

7 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

We have a tough run in to the January break. Once thatā€™s out the way it gets a lot easier.

Livi, Aberdeen, hibs and the taigs - will all be hard away games - if we stay in touching distance Iā€™ll be happy going into the new year

We could quite easily drop points in all of those gamesĀ 

I've heard Gerrard say numerous times that if you play well, you keep the shirt. Then why are players not losing the shirt when they are clearly out of form i.e. Tavernier & Ojo?

And what did Edmundson do to lose the shirt or Katic before him?

What he has said is clearly not true.

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I've heard Gerrard say numerous times that if you play well, you keep the shirt. Then why are players not losing the shirt when they are clearly out of form i.e. Tavernier & Ojo?

And what did Edmundson do to lose the shirt or Katic before him?

What he has said is clearly not true.

The manager has favourites that will play no matter what.Ā Ā 

He needs to be completely ruthless and drop these players. Every single player should be fighting for thier spot. No one should be untouchable.Ā 

2 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

The manager has favourites that will play no matter what.Ā Ā 

He needs to be completely ruthless and drop these players. Every single player should be fighting for thier spot. No one should be untouchable.Ā 

exactly.

38 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Where did he say this or are you just talking out of your arse as per?Ā 

Did you think we played that game like we wanted to win it, Gerrard played that like he was happy with a draw even keeping Defoe on the benchĀ  till the endĀ  who has a good record against Hearts showed me that.

You seem to be the arse here if you think we tried to win that.

3 minutes ago, Smile said:

Did you think we played that game like we wanted to win it, Gerrard played that like he was happy with a draw even keeping Defoe on the benchĀ  till the endĀ  who has a good record against Hearts showed me that.

Do you honestly think Rangers went to Tynecastle for a draw only? Fuck me!

3 minutes ago, Smile said:

Still haven't told us where Gerrard said he was happy with a draw.Ā 

5 minutes ago, Smile said:

You donā€™t bring on Kent, Stewart and Defoe if youā€™re playing for a draw.Ā 

Archived