Uefa charge for Feyenoord

RFC55

4 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Agreed . Social media being adopted on media platforms gives me the boke

Seeing sky scour the net for comments from individual  rent a quotes  for their comments . It's pathetic

Ive said before that if the internet hadn't existed then we would never have been put down the divisions. The internet gave a platform to some utter spastics that would previously been rightly ignored and gave the impression to their clubs that they should be listened to.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Because their face was all over social media and the papers, posing with a huge "sectarian" banner. The club was backed into a corner with that one.

Doesn't matter if the guys were in the stadium or in their back garden tbh. The club can't have an everyone anyone campaign then turn a blind eye to that.

Pish, but what did they expect in this day and age tbh.

They can.

They let people sing TBB without any bans or anything for the entirety of last season.

So according to the sos Facebook page they reckon around 12.000€ fine max.

i know the flares can be dangerous but for years they seemed to have them in places like Greece and turkey and I’d watch the tv thinking how great it all looked and the atmosphere it created.  Atleast no chance of a stadium closure.

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

They can.

They let people sing TBB without any bans or anything for the entirety of last season.

Completely different, especially as this was in Europe.

If the guys who were holding the banner were singing TBB instead and posting it all over social media, the outcome would've probably been the same.

They're on their way to a Rangers game and with our fans under the microscope now more than ever (especially in Europe) the club either have to act or get ripped to bits in the media for condoning it.  

Sad times, but that's the way it is.

Don’t agree with banning the guys with the flag but they can have no complaints

If you’re that much of an idiot to take that picture and put it up online you deserve everything you get, fans need to learn to put the phones away 

Wouldn't be surprised if we decline  taking tickets for our next Euro away game - the last 32 of the EL probably. Delighted that the YB game goes ahead with Ibrox sold out.  Two biggest games in years, 5 days apart. Can't fucking wait.

1 hour ago, RFC RYAN said:

Doubt he will get on it again. 

He’ll be more than welcome again. He was brilliant all week on the bus and his article on it was brilliant. 

Nothing he tweeted was wrong albeit in hindsight he maybe jumped the gun but as I’ve said literally everybody walking out the ground was saying the same thing. The reaction to his tweets was bizarre. 

26 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Completely different, especially as this was in Europe.

If the guys who were holding the banner were singing TBB instead and posting it all over social media, the outcome would've probably been the same.

They're on their way to a Rangers game and with our fans under the microscope now more than ever (especially in Europe) the club either have to act or get ripped to bits in the media for condoning it.  

Sad times, but that's the way it is.

It’s not.

Super Rangers and TBB were sang at every home European game.

Look forward to them banning everybody that uses fenian on Twitter with their name clear as well then...

46 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Because their face was all over social media and the papers, posing with a huge "sectarian" banner. The club was backed into a corner with that one.

Doesn't matter if the guys were in the stadium or in their back garden tbh. The club can't have an everyone anyone campaign then turn a blind eye to that.

Pish, but what did they expect in this day and age tbh.

Everyone anyone, even stinking anti British terrorist loving scum are welcome... 

😩

This pish makes me want to chuck it

22 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Great news that no charge is forthcoming. As I said before, I doubt anybody in the away end last weekend left the ground expecting to be at the Young Boys game. 

maybe a bit of leeway from UEFA/FARE given how improved the support has been this season. 

I expected it.  Not one sectarian song sung and the entire Rangers end didn’t sing the add ons for sweet Caroline and the ones that did were drowned out by the feyenoord fans.  

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

It’s not.

Super Rangers and TBB were sang at every home European game.

Look forward to them banning everybody that uses fenian on Twitter with their name clear as well then...

You're missing the point and trying to change the context of the argument for some reason.

With the media looking for anything to use against our fans and with the club previously being punished in Europe for sectarianism, this was only ever going to end one way for those fans.

Post a video of yourself on social media at a Rangers game singing TBB and tag the daily record in it, let's see how long you keep your season ticket.

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

I expected it.  Not one sectarian song sung and the entire Rangers end didn’t sing the add ons for sweet Caroline and the ones that did were drowned out by the feyenoord fans.  

FARE reps were in our end so they 100% heard it & UEFA is such a farce that they only need to report 1 incident and we’re fucked. 

Keep the blue flag flying high was sung in the second half as well which was one of the songs cited in the St Joseph’s game. 

7 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Everyone anyone, even stinking anti British terrorist loving scum are welcome... 

😩

This pish makes me want to chuck it 

The club have backed themselves into a corner with the everyone anyone campaign tbh mate.

We're now in a no win situation and an easy target. 

Archived