Uefa charge for Feyenoord

RFC55

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

Why? :lol:

The line ‘for we’ll not be mastered by no....’

The whole thing is honestly insane. FARE as a group are allowed to put anonymous, unaccountable individuals into stadiums & any report they give back to UEFA can be used to punish clubs & cost them revenue without ever having to present a shred of evidence. UEFA punish clubs on an ad-hoc basis. FARE reported us after most games last season but UEFA took no action then they did this year. They’ve managed to close sections of Real Madrid & PSG without any sort of retribution.

Spending an hour or two on their website is very interesting as to what they find ‘offensive’. As an example, they’ve reported England fans before for singing ‘Fuck the IRA’ but never reported a club for singing in favour of the IRA. 

UEFA tell clubs FARE will be there & you have to provide them with tickets but they don’t know who they are. 

It’s fucking mental 

17 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

FARE reps were in our end so they 100% heard it & UEFA is such a farce that they only need to report 1 incident and we’re fucked. 

Keep the blue flag flying high was sung in the second half as well which was one of the songs cited in the St Joseph’s game. 

Why is this? 

Unless some add ons are sung to this that I’m unaware of. I mean the match day DJ at Ibrox plays it over the speaker.

Edit: Just seen what you mean.

2 hours ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

I mentioned this at the time, the BBC only mentioned flares not songs, the papers probably picked up the threads on here and they said we could face a charge for naughty words.

Lesson is don’t feed the fuckin press on here.

And feeding the press was exactly what they were doing.

Absolute Arseholes. 

Who needs enemies when you have cunts like these about.

34 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

You're missing the point and trying to change the context of the argument for some reason.

With the media looking for anything to use against our fans and with the club previously being punished in Europe for sectarianism, this was only ever going to end one way for those fans.

Post a video of yourself on social media at a Rangers game singing TBB and tag the daily record in it, let's see how long you keep your season ticket.

So, the media are doing exactly what they’ve always done, and we were already previously done for it.

No thanks x, last season maybe I would’ve lol

Regardless of this argument, the club really shouldn’t be banning anybody for this, or the flares

3 hours ago, GersInCanada said:

Pyro's have to go. Only a matter of time before someone is badly injured.

Songs I am ambivalent about. Don't see the harm in most of them.

Didn't you know the QE2 A and E was at bursting point the last time TBB was sung 

3 hours ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

See the clowns that started this shite on here last Friday, in future, keep your fucking traps shut eh 

This is nonsense.

If you think the worry coming from fans on here was baseless, then you haven't been paying attention.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

So, the media are doing exactly what they’ve always done, and we were already previously done for it.

No thanks x, last season maybe I would’ve lol

The banning of the supporters for the banner is a farce tbh and they don't deserve to get banned, but they also made themselves an easy target tbh.

1 hour ago, eskbankloyal said:

Great news that no charge is forthcoming. As I said before, I doubt anybody in the away end last weekend left the ground expecting to be at the Young Boys game. 

maybe a bit of leeway from UEFA/FARE given how improved the support has been this season. 

Think the away support really need to think long and hard about this in future. 

We could’ve been playing our most important European game in 10 years behind closed doors because a few of them can’t help themselves. Sing the add ons outside the stadium, don’t ruin it for the rest of us inside it

53 minutes ago, GOAT said:

I genuinely think some of our support that sit and watch games on their arse in the house look for songs being sung by our away support so they can greet about it. 

Anybody who can pick out individual words on the telly has far better hearing then mine.

4 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

If you start banning fans for flags outside of stadium then where exactly do you stop.

Where do you stop? Anyone at a private function wearing a Rangers top or showing a flag filmed singing something they don't like?

Fucking pathetic 

57 minutes ago, GOAT said:

I genuinely think some of our support that sit and watch games on their arse in the house look for songs being sung by our away support so they can greet about it. 

They come on to piss and moan about it online but I’ve never heard anyone dig someone up at an away game for it. 

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

Where do you stop? Anyone at a private function wearing a Rangers top or showing a flag filmed singing something they don't like?

Fucking pathetic 

This is the world we live in now tbh.

Like i said earlier as well, the everyone anyone campaign has made it basically impossible for the club to ignore anything even remotely "sectarian" that's highlighted in the media now imo.

Archived