Novo's Bar

Malkytfp1

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Seeing as we're seriously into intrigue and gossip like auld wummin at a knitting bee. Just pick a player and give it fucking large for every misdemeanour and fuck up they've ever made in life. Doesn't have to be true of course, as lies, rumours, half truths and speculations are fine and  make for much more interesting reading and leave them without any parentage.

Better still, the virtue signalling brigade can join in and add all that racist sectarian chanting to it and get worked up into a frenzy to make their day. Doesn't have to be true of course. Just make it up. Wee Jimmy told me. 

Then the whole world can look in,  stand back and burst their fucking sides at the fuck up WE are!

This fucking place sometimes.

What the fuck are you on about? 

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Plenty of our ex heroes do more for themselves than the club / fans. For me Nacho differs, he's proved over the years he gets us, he is one of us. Does plenty for Rangers charities and supporters groups, I've no issues with him earning a living off the back of his time at Rangers. Rarely hear complaints about his behaviour at events.

All the best Nacho.

Agreed. Rangers is obviously the love of his life, and he has to make a living. What’s wrong with him finding a way to combine the 2 once his playing career is over?

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Plenty of our ex heroes do more for themselves than the club / fans. For me Nacho differs, he's proved over the years he gets us, he is one of us. 

Very good point. It's easy to set high expectations for our top players and expect a bit more from them than they often give back. Nacho has definitely stood up and fought our corner vocally at various times and attracted unwanted scum attention as a result (that airport incident springs to mind).

Obviously at the end of the day he's just a regular bloke with a skill for football so he's going make the same mistakes we all do from time to time.

3 minutes ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

Very good point. It's easy to set high expectations for our top players and expect a bit more from them than they often give back. Nacho has definitely stood up and fought our corner vocally at various times and attracted unwanted scum attention as a result (that airport incident springs to mind).

Obviously at the end of the day he's just a regular bloke with a skill for football so he's going make the same mistakes we all do from time to time.

Yeah I just think some like Novo and Numan come across better than the likes of say Goram and Negri for various reasons. Some I've got time for and would pay to see / drink in their pub/ buy autobiography etc, whilst others care only about our money and have blown most adoration / respect I have for them and certainly any chance of getting my hard earned.

In this era of social media madness, the amount of pish directed his way, albeit he might be a bit naive at times, is totally shocking. Imagine, had social media been present during the 9 and a row years and all the camaraderie and crazy nights out that was the norm at the time. Nacho's time with us should not be forgotten. He gave everything on the pitch. Had he stuck away his chance in the Uefa Cup final, and we went on to win, he would no doubt be held in higher esteem by some of our fans. I think it's great he has chosen to continue his love affair with us, whether that be money-making  orientated or not, as he is a decent down to earth guy. 

3 minutes ago, sco22y said:

In this era of social media madness, the amount of pish directed his way, albeit he might be a bit naive at times, is totally shocking. Imagine, had social media been present during the 9 and a row years and all the camaraderie and crazy nights out that was the norm at the time. Nacho's time with us should not be forgotten. He gave everything on the pitch. Had he stuck away his chance in the Uefa Cup final, and we went on to win, he would no doubt be held in higher esteem by some of our fans. I think it's great he has chosen to continue his love affair with us, whether that be money-making  orientated or not, as he is a decent down to earth guy. 

No need to imagine, if we win this weekend, you will see what it would of been like during 9 in a row.

On 04/12/2019 at 08:40, kplfishtank said:

Been in the pub twice , Nacho was great with the guests I had up. It’s a shame we always want to put the boot into our own , must be brilliant being a person going thru life never having had made any mistakes or bad decisions. I wish him and the pub well as end of the day I’d rather folk drank in there than some of the non Rangers bars you see mobbed before matchdays.  Only thing I never agreed on was charging folk 10 quid to get in when we played the unwashed. I know you get a pint and pie but not everyone would want food.

👇 comes to mind... 

Screenshot_20191207_072629_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Archived