Who would be your captain?

wearethepeople1

29 minutes ago, lidorfc said:

And countless other keeper captains won fuck all. 

I just dont think a keeper should be captain, they can't influence the game as much when the going gets tough.

McGregor is a great keeper.  

He is also completely irresponsible and therefore not a leader.  He couldn’t shout more than he already does. He has trouble controlling himself. !!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Easy......Jack.  No doubt 

Whether Tav should play for us a fair debate. He’s never a Rangers captain. 

Edit: and I’ll say this as a Gerrard fan boy, I’ve no idea how he can’t see that. 

1 hour ago, GWR1979 said:

Ryan Jack should be Rangers Captain but Tav has the armband and should not be stripped of it any time soon. 

EDIT:  I didn't know Gerrard had taken him off penalties.  So I removed my original post.

2 hours ago, Bluenose-11 said:

Would you consider him a winner? 

Until we win something, bar Davis & McGregor then they are all serial losers....because tav has been here the longest he is getting it in the neck more.....it pisses me off all this 8yr shite since we last won a trophy.....we are now realistically in a position squad wise where we should be judged on winning trophies, 6 of those seasons we were not strong enough, 2016 would have been one against the head when we should have won the Scottish but blew that big time

Should only change if Tav is sold, so hopefully in January there is a change. Never has been captain material. Jack all day long, with support more by McGregor and Davis. Bring in a RB who is solid at the back and doesn't take every single corner, free kick and hands off penalty taking after 3 years in cup final.

13 hours ago, Goianegra said:

Jack. Walked off the pitch in tears today. No one else seemed really that bothered.

Aye that is the measure of a captain, who cries or who seems bothered. 

That famous images of John Grieg, Terry Butcher, Richard Gough, Barry Ferguson, Davie Weir all crying really ring true...

Tav is the captain and it shouldn’t change. I can’t understand the logic of people who think,

“we need someone to lead the team better, than we have at the moment. Let’s take the arm band from Tav and give it to someone else, who is currently in the team, and not showing any more leadership skills/qualities.”

Like having a fucking piece of fabric is going to transform them into a superhero! 

Tavernier was brilliant yesterday.  Done his defensive duties and was a real attacking force going forward.  I watched the post match interview of him and he was devastated at the outcome of yesterday's game.  He says himself they left nothing on the park.  People wanting him stripped of the armband are nuts.  Tavernier is the Rangers captain and that’s not going to change.

It has to be Ryan Jack.  He's the only player we have who shows leadership and looks like he can inspire his teammates.  Tavernier can do his core job reasonably well, but he doesn't inspire others either vocally or through his performance.  In tough games you need your captain to pull the rest of the team forward and lift them, which is sometimes a shot on goal or aggressive tackle and only Jack seems able to do this currently.

28 minutes ago, shaka said:

It has to be Ryan Jack.  He's the only player we have who shows leadership and looks like he can inspire his teammates.  Tavernier can do his core job reasonably well, but he doesn't inspire others either vocally or through his performance.  In tough games you need your captain to pull the rest of the team forward and lift them, which is sometimes a shot on goal or aggressive tackle and only Jack seems able to do this currently.

Since Gerrard arrived at Rangers Tavernier has been credited with something like 35 assists and 15 goals from penalties, free-kicks, and I think one was from open play.  You don’t think his performance levels inspire people?  He’s arguably the best attacking full-back in the country.  He’s one of the most experienced players in the squad and is a solid professional.  

As soon as Gerrard came in he gave Tavernier the armband.  That tells me he wanted to build the team around him from the get go and he is a very important part of this team and how we want to play.

Jack’s been good but you don’t strip people of the armband halfway through a season unless there’s major issues.  Yesterday was a hard one but for the most part we’ve been brilliant this season.  There is no reason to strip Tavernier of the armband.

Archived