Players that randomly come into you're head

Finny

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Craig Moore.

Used to get dogs abuse when he was played at full-back as a youngster, and I felt sorry for him.  Was never great there, but steady, and all it needed was one error for him to be thrown all sorts of abuse.  Went away to Crystal Palace for a season and came back to us and played in what was obviously his natural position.  Turned into a top centre-half for us and made Amoruso look a far better player than he actually was.  His contribution to  our successes  in the early part of the noughties is much underrated compared to the overrated Amoruso....imo.

Agreed, Amoruso was horrendous at times in the early 00s but Moore often covered for him when he made errors. 

Graeme Roberts, a great one of our "Christmas signings" I remember his debut fondly v Dundee utd at Ibrox his first tackle was a pre curser to the rest of his time with us, I loved Robbo,  and another who I often think of is our greatest bit of business , Bobby Russell. 

2 hours ago, writingranger said:

Unfortunate title young man.

Amoruso since I bumped into him in Tesco milngavie

Ted Mcminn, who could probably never be a player now.

I never really go to asda in bearsden but one of times i was there i saw jelavic. For some reason thats stuck

Because of training centre you see the players around in shops, golf courses etc. I dont normally talk to any of them but i would if it was Alfie or SG.

did talk to pedro before an old firm and told him to get wired into them....we lost 5-1.😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Sweettartangirl said:

Jim Baxter. 

Would loved to have witnessed him play.  My Granda and Da said he was unreal to watch. 

Never saw a player who seemed to have so much time on the ball like Slim Jim. Can still see him as he did so often wait until a player moved towards him then just push it past them and he was gone. Absolute class.

8 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Stuart Munro was an unsung hero in a team of stars.

My old man was a big Alloa fan and I used to go now and again with him, he was a left winger with Alloa  converted into a full back by big Jock, signed for 25k, not bad eh!

13 hours ago, Bill8972 said:

Peter McCloy. He gave me a Rangers tie and gave my wife a Rangers enamel badge. 

He used to give me a heart attack every time a high ball was punted straight towards him. 😲😜 This was after seeing him against  St mirren I think,  when a run of the mill high ball was hit towards him, no opposition player’s nearby, and it went straight through his hands.😂

Archived