• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Foderingham

Patterson Edmundson Flanagan Maxwell

Kennedy Docherty Halliday

Stewart Mebude Jones

Youth pumped them not long ago, should manage to win with this side. Keep all 1st team starters as fresh as possible.

I’m in the complete opposite opinion for you, this should be a game to get as close to our first eleven up to speed for mid week 

29 minutes ago, BouncyBluenose87 said:

Oh don't worry...the postponed matches are still to come in February when the playing surfaces turn into concrete.

Hopefully for the shettleston’s as 6 out of 9 games for them coming up are away👍🏻

2 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

I’m in the complete opposite opinion for you, this should be a game to get as close to our first eleven up to speed for mid week 

Can understand your point of view but the last thing we need is a knuckle dragging centre half wiping out a key player with a very tight schedule coming up. Dont mind using the next league game to get back into the swing of things.

Defoe has to get some game time but surely we have to give a development striker some game time too.

Got to protect Defoe so he is fit for the league games and what do we do if the wee man gets suspended or injured before Buff is back.

Mind you always said we need another striker for this reason and so we have a striker already up and running in case we lose Alfredo in the summer.

Think we will see a rather strong team out and I think it's hard to predict who will play.

Wes

Polster, Edumndson, Katic, Flannigan

Docherty, Davis, Halliday

Jones, Arfield

Defoe

I'd like to see some of these guys getting a game, just to keep things ticking along especially with a few not seeing much game time.

Should have plenty in that team to take care of Stranraer.

3-0 Rangers.

2 hours ago, southcoastbear said:

Defoe has to get some game time but surely we have to give a development striker some game time too.

Got to protect Defoe so he is fit for the league games and what do we do if the wee man gets suspended or injured before Buff is back.

Mind you always said we need another striker for this reason and so we have a striker already up and running in case we lose Alfredo in the summer.

Gregg Stewart 

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Totally agree.

If we didn't have 5 league games in 15 or so days I could understand playing the first 11 to an extent. Thats before EL schedule hitting in Feb with games non stop.

St Mirren at home is perfect to get the match fitness up. Rotation will be key in the second half of the season and having 9 out of 14 home games really helps with resting 2/3 important players.

Friday will be like a training game a really don’t see the need to rest players for it, obviously I get your point but it’s not exactly a big test and one that will shake the cobwebs off. If We drop points at home to st Mirren due to not being up to speed It would be fucking criminal man 

20 hours ago, Orange and Blue said:

Wes

Polster.    Goldson.   Edmundson  Barasic

Davis

Jack.                  Kamara 

Stewart.                     Jones

Defoe

5 -0 Gers  

I quite like that team, did someone give you the heads up on Tav ?

McGregor

Patterson           Goldson         Edmundson       Barisic 

Kamara      Jack         Davis

Aribo            Defoe          Kent

50-60 minutes with a strong team and make a few changes. The players need to play after a 3 week layoff. Last season we went into the Killie game after our Scottish Cup game v Cowdenbeath was called off and our players looked unready. It’s vital we are ready this time and tomorrow night is the start of that. No fucking about this time. 

Archived