Shankland

Rlm

42 minutes ago, Bluekev said:

I'd only go for him on a free. Fuck giving Dundee Utd a penny.

Yep, it's going to be interesting when they get back up next season. Certainly going to open up old scores that need to be settled. It's been a long time coming,  would rather it never happened and D Utd went to the wall - there is still hope though.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Simple question for Spence, how many goals has shankland scored in Europe or the top flight in Scotland. Answer, none on both counts so dont even mention him in the same sentence as Morelos. Of course if United meet the tarriers in the cup and Shankland scores he will then be the real deal and better than Morelos using tarrier logic.

6 minutes ago, TMB said:

Leigh Griffiths started out scoring goals in the Championship for Dundee.  He went on to score goals in the top-tier and at international level.  

Robertson played in the lower leagues and now has a Champions League medal.

It’s foolish to write players off just because of the league they play in.  I doubt Finland is regarded as a high standard of league but yet we signed Morelos from there.

I don’t think anyone will know how good Shankland is, or how far he can go, until he makes a step up.  He’s obviously far too good for the Scottish Championship.  I wouldn’t take a punt on him now because Dundee United will want millions.  

Good post mate........... you never know how good a player is until you see them put to the test at a higher level........... look at AM for the perfect example.

18 minutes ago, TMB said:

Leigh Griffiths started out scoring goals in the Championship for Dundee.  He went on to score goals in the top-tier and at international level.  

Robertson played in the lower leagues and now has a Champions League medal.

It’s foolish to write players off just because of the league they play in.  I doubt Finland is regarded as a high standard of league but yet we signed Morelos from there.

I don’t think anyone will know how good Shankland is, or how far he can go, until he makes a step up.  He’s obviously far too good for the Scottish Championship.  I wouldn’t take a punt on him now because Dundee United will want millions.  

I agree mate and said as much, but for us we can't gamble on potential so much. For every Robertson and thumb there are hundreds of others that dont push on.

Maybe shankland will do really well, but its like you say for what he would cost us now we could add a bit more and get someone in more suited to our style. The time to take a punt was before he went to utd when he would have cost peanuts.

26 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

I agree mate and said as much, but for us we can't gamble on potential so much. For every Robertson and thumb there are hundreds of others that dont push on.

Maybe shankland will do really well, but its like you say for what he would cost us now we could add a bit more and get someone in more suited to our style. The time to take a punt was before he went to utd when he would have cost peanuts.

In years gone by the Scottish market was our only shopping place we done not too bad though with Cooper/Doddie/ Forsyth/McLean/Smith/Stein/and plenty more Bobby Russell was even signed from Shettleston Juniors and  that just seems mental that such a quality player was playing at that level, remember the Eindhoven goal? my fav ever.

We also had some duffers along the way but every single signing is a gamble, as you say Shankland from Ayr was the time to gamble.

1 hour ago, sassaaaa said:

Price would be in the millions if we were looking at him , tims will get him for under 500k............

Most likely . Not sure his contract length . Would still test the water . Just to put a spanner in the works

We need to fuck this club up , next season . A few humiliations on the park please . I can't wait to thrash them

45 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Because scoring goals against Patrick Thistle and Ayr United is comparable to being the top scorer in the Europa League. And that whopper is meant to be a “journalist” :lol:

Has he scored against the greatest team the world has ever seen though?

Archived