New Signings

RockwellGers

Given the analysis we subject every single player who wears our shirt to, week in week out, it's very exciting to see some change and welcome two new players into the fold.

Clearly one of the two has been more widely well received than the other, but none of us know how either will pan out and time will tell.

I'm happy with the business done during the window, and can't wait to see the new boys in action.

PS Morelos is back (yas) and Tav is almost fit (yas) so I think we can have an upswing from here and banish these last few dodgy performances (yas)

I wanted a Kamberi type striker as a different option to wee Alfie & Defoe and probably mentioned that on here as I certainly have to my mates. Not sure if Kamberi is that exact striker but happy to give him a chance as he's different to what we've got and has a presence that hopefully Borna and Tav can make most of.

As for Hagi. Going by his clips he looks exactly like the midfielder we all want. Half turns, can pass and more importantly shoots from outside the box. Don't want to make an arse of myself too much but genuinely buzzing about his potential. He's the in between the lines type of player we really don't have.

So anyway... WATP,  fuck the scum and welcome to the party!

5 minutes ago, RockwellGers said:

Given the analysis we subject every single player who wears our shirt to, week in week out, it's very exciting to see some change and welcome two new players into the fold.

Clearly one of the two has been more widely well received than the other, but none of us know how either will pan out and time will tell.

I'm happy with the business done during the window, and can't wait to see the new boys in action.

PS Morelos is back (yas) and Tav is almost fit (yas) so I think we can have an upswing from here and banish these last few dodgy performances (yas)

I wanted to see a couple more go out. Barker & Middleton on (loan).

29 minutes ago, GaryMc said:

I wanted a Kamberi type striker as a different option to wee Alfie & Defoe and probably mentioned that on here as I certainly have to my mates. Not sure if Kamberi is that exact striker 

I think kamberi is a kamberi type striker 

I am happy with the 2 lads that came in - I am sure we had our eyes on other players and had talks with them, but it's not easy for players to pack their bags and their family and move to Glasgow ( Scotland )

I would have been so worried if no one came in, but we still have a chance to win this league and we are still in Europe .

10 hours ago, RockwellGers said:

I actually never noticed, was so focused on the in-door. Who went other than Docherty?

Outs: Serge Atakayi (SJK, undisclosed), Andy King (Leicester, loan terminated), Eros Grezda (Osijek, undisclosed), Nicky Hogarth (Stirling Albion, loan), Zak Rudden (Partick Thistle, undisclosed), Greg Docherty (hivs, loan), Jamie Murphy (Burton Albion, loan) Aidan McAdams (Portadown, loan), Jamie Barjonas (Partick Thistle, loan) Robbie McCrorie (Livingston, loan), Jordan Houston (Ayr United, undisclosed) Eduardo Herrera (Pueblo) Lewis Mayo (Partick Thistle, loan), Kieran Wright (Alloa, loan)

3 youngsters incl Matty Yates also gone.

32 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Outs: Serge Atakayi (SJK, undisclosed), Andy King (Leicester, loan terminated), Eros Grezda (Osijek, undisclosed), Nicky Hogarth (Stirling Albion, loan), Zak Rudden (Partick Thistle, undisclosed), Greg Docherty (Sunderland, loan), Jamie Murphy (Burton Albion, loan) Aidan McAdams (Portadown, loan), Jamie Barjonas (Partick Thistle, loan) Robbie McCrorie (Livingston, loan), Jordan Houston (Ayr United, undisclosed) Eduardo Herrera (Pueblo) Lewis Mayo (Partick Thistle, loan), Kieran Wright (Alloa, loan)

Docherty went to Hibs 😂😂

1 hour ago, chris182 said:

I like the fact we now have a taller target man type striker, something we didn't have up to now. It's got to be a positive

I know he's tall but is Kamberi a target man type striker?

Not seen him much outside of against us but always struck me as someone Lafferty would out jump which is saying something.

52 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Outs: Serge Atakayi (SJK, undisclosed), Andy King (Leicester, loan terminated), Eros Grezda (Osijek, undisclosed), Nicky Hogarth (Stirling Albion, loan), Zak Rudden (Partick Thistle, undisclosed), Greg Docherty (Sunderland, loan), Jamie Murphy (Burton Albion, loan) Aidan McAdams (Portadown, loan), Jamie Barjonas (Partick Thistle, loan) Robbie McCrorie (Livingston, loan), Jordan Houston (Ayr United, undisclosed) Eduardo Herrera (Pueblo) Lewis Mayo (Partick Thistle, loan), Kieran Wright (Alloa, loan)

That's some clear out.

3 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Not seen him much outside of against us but always struck me as someone Lafferty would out jump which is saying something.

Nah he isn't

35 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Yeah I know what you mean but I think SG will play him in that type of role

51 minutes ago, Ace said:

That's some clear out.

Hardly a clear out with only 4 departing (well not what we've been used to recently) and finally getting that fud Herrera off the books.

Some good loan choices there but never realised we'd sold rudden.

Still got a couple I think need to go, so hopefully that's done in summer. Flanagan, Murphy, Fod and Halliday.

1 hour ago, chris182 said:

I like the fact we now have a taller target man type striker, something we didn't have up to now. It's got to be a positive

Agreed, despite the mixed opinion he is a Rangers player now offering an alternative option and has a clean slate from me to show his worth.  This has been a very unexpected and welcome window, Hagi has the raw talent and attributes to be a top player, then from Kamberi’s comments he sounds like he’d burst a gut to get in to this team. 
If nothing else comes from these signings , reports on the forum suggest celtic tried to hijack Hagi and he knocked them back to work with Gerrard, plus the comments from Kamberi have given the Hib’s support a reality check of their over opinionated standing of themselves in Scottish football... A win, win imo...

Alfie’s game has come on under SGs stewardship and no doubt Defoe’s influence. Maybe Kamberi’s game will improve under them too.

I seem to remember a few on here moaning about Glen Kamara but considering what we paid for him........... I’ll trust SG and his team because they probably know a bit more about the game than me!

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Disappointed 

3 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Docherty to sunderland😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄

Archived