Kent looks like a donkey right now!

superallysbears

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, LegendofCoop said:

I don't think the state of our pitch helps him right now.

The pitch is worth a thread on its own.  No coincidence that it has been shit since the turn of the year and we have struggled with the speed of our passing.  

If he’s taking his man on I’d like to see him go to the bye line every now and again, far too obvious cutting inside 

And they either need to teach him how to shoot or tell him to stop shooting from difficult angles/ranges

1 hour ago, andyhrfc said:

The pitch is worth a thread on its own.  No coincidence that it has been shit since the turn of the year and we gave struggled with the speed of our passing.  

Did we not reseed it with a special new hybrid system this year? 

Would rather see Kent coming in from the right side of the pitch. He just looks off when he comes in from the left and tries a shot with his right foot. Really impressed with Hagi, as he can come from both sides and can use both feet for a crack at goal. Need to get the balance right. 

10 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

Think the team need a game away from ibrox to get a bit of freedom back in there play. Everyone is scared to play the wrong pass or give it away. 

Apart from Hagi n Morelos nobody was wanting the ball last night

Plastic on Saturday 

I thought he looked more 'lost' last night than off form. He and Hagi are similar players and it should be a dream pairing. In reality, it rarely works like that. I remember when the English National team had Gerrard, Scholes and Lampard at their disposal. Should have been world beaters but they could never play any two together with any degree of success. 

Barisic was much better last night but for me, the big difference was having Edmundson in the team. He was responsible for the free kick that led to their goal but he atoned on the stroke of half time (sign of a good player) and looked rock solid alongside Goldson. His physicality is very impressive too for such a young lad. It's about time he became a fixture in the side.

9 hours ago, ChampionsAgain said:

Been played out of position imo.

Definitely not a positional thing ,he's getting plenty ball in forward areas but can't go by a guy in a forward direction,  always to the side or back. He's our game changer but has still got his Dubai flip flops on.

You can see his ability and he's a yard quicker than the rest, but we are getting no final product from it, but I'll put that down to how we are playing overall as a unit.

We've been pretty ponderous going forward. To man touches, to many square passes, poor movement and just too much time to think, making it easier for the oppo to close us down.

Hivs, who weren't great by any stretch, broke forward much faster as a rule with one, two touch passing, when our players are taking four and five touches then a square pass. We have witnessed this in a previous life and I don't know why the fuck it's happening. Just up the fucking tempo and get into space, forward!

I also think Gerrard carries the can with this. It’s clear as day Kents at his best running at players on the wings, the 4 times he was allowed to do that he beat his man everytime and got a cross into the box. 

Tactically making him come inside, he beats 4 men and would have another 4 to beat just to get a sight at goal. 

The problem is his teammates, Aribo and Barisic need to create some sort of space to drag 1-2 players inside with them allowing Kent to go 1on1 

Archived